Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #11

Re: Sons new toy!

Somebody spends a lot of time on it Moli!!!!! Costs us a fortune lol but it keeps the OH quiet so I cannot complain

There are loads of clubs/meetings your son can go to with the Japanese car scene if he wants to, most of them are very well organised and very sensible (meet and have a look at the cars, make some new friends - rather than racing about on the streets)

Is your son interests on taking his car on a track day? We have done it a couple of times, they are really good, and you can learn alot about your car and driving skills in a safe environment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Somebody spends a lot of time on it Moli!!!!! Costs us a fortune lol but it keeps the OH quiet so I cannot complain

There are loads of clubs/meetings your son can go to with the Japanese car scene if he wants to, most of them are very well organised and very sensible (meet and have a look at the cars, make some new friends - rather than racing about on the streets)

Is your son interests on taking his car on a track day? We have done it a couple of times, they are really good, and you can learn alot about your car and driving skills in a safe environment.
Not sure Emma will have to ask him, problem is all these things happen in England.....What is your car??

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #13

There are quite a few meets in Scotland Moli. Our car is a 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - UK manual. With a few mods Around 400bhp , lowered, titanium exhaust, HKS Front Mounted Intercooler, Racelogic Traction Control, aftermarket wheels, and cream leather interior and a few other mods I have no doubt forgotten

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #14

Just had a look on the Totoya Owners club forums and it looks like they have quite a few meets in Scotland, forum is here

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/i...p?showforum=64

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
There are quite a few meets in Scotland Moli. Our car is a 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - UK manual. With a few mods Around 400bhp , lowered, titanium exhaust, HKS Front Mounted Intercooler, Racelogic Traction Control, aftermarket wheels, and cream leather interior and a few other mods I have no doubt forgotten
My son has been on about the Supra, but I think its too powerful for him at the mo, p-lus not easy to get hold of...Wait till he sees yours!

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #16

They are incredibly powerful, faster than most modern cars, good ones are hard to find, but not impossible, he will really enjoy the Celica, very tuneable car

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #17

If he really wants to bring up the shine on his new car Moli, I would recommend that he clay bar the car, then use some good products to give the car a really good shine. We buy our products from Alex Creasy of Serious Performance URL

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #18

thanks again Emma, he has been looking for something like that, may well be good for hubby's Jag too

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #19

No problem Moli, if you have any questions Alex is very knowledgeable and he won't sell you stuff you don't need

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #20

That's a lovely car Moli . . . didn't he just have a new car, one with a rather super and customised paint job?? I have to say the black one's rather nice though!

Emma - your OH's Supra is brilliant, looks like he's having fun getting it exactly as he wants it there!!!

My OH too has a black sports car; Porsche 928 GT. Somewhere around 400+ bhp too with a 5 litre engine. It's quite an old car (1990 or 91 I think), but you wouldn't give it more than 5 years old if you saw it (he has my private plate on it) and it's got cream leather inside too .