Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #1

Mooching about Monday

It's a grey damp Autumn day here, the heating is on, the cats are in and asleep. Ceri is also snoozing today so I've just did things quietly around the house.

I've superglued the bottom bead strings back that the cats have torn off the blinds, ironed a few clothes and sorted out my shoes.

The scaffolders haven't turned up again surprise surprise! and looking at the weather tomorrow which is on now, no change for tomorrow.

Anyone watching Downton Abbey? I love my costume dramas but there's a mystery, what's happened to Mrs Patmore's glasses/specs? Big storyline last time but no sight of them this series, pardon the pun!

Hope you're all fit and well. Kazz stitches out today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #2

Re: Mooching about Monday

Afternoon PP - it's a gloomy day here too, no blue sky or sunshine and I'm feeling chilly but no heating (apart from log burner) until TOMORROW yay! It's called Radiator Day or so I've heard.

I'm actually looking forward to a frost ..... kill off those nasty Daddy Long-legs. Has anyone else noticed that it's a bumper year for them? OH said last week at the agility field, he was watching them emerge from the grass en masse. Horrid. They are nasty when they brush against your face just as you are trying to go to sleep.

Poor OH has just gone off for his first dental appointment to drain the infection under his crown. He'll need a lot of TLC when he gets home.

Drat those scaffolders, PP - they probably won't come back until they need the poles somewhere else. (Hope it's quick though).

I loved the first 2 series of Downton but can't remember why I missed the 3rd series entirely. I am looking at buying the DVDs, you can get the whole lot + Christmas special for a very reasonable price, then I could just watch S3 and continue with the current one, which I am recording. So sorry, can't comment on Mrs Patmore's specs ....... I think that needs a letter to the show!!!

I did hold my breath a bit when I read about the superglue .... my brain ran away with itself and I was worried you'd superglued the cats (know you wouldn't of course, just me being silly!).

How are you Kazz?????????

Hope everyone else is fine too - have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

I am fine.

PP You need to get them to come and take the scaffolding down you don't want that up while you are away.
Angie double ouch to MrAngie.

I am good went to the physio dept today and was sharply told "why have you attended with stitches" I said because I was told to by phone and when I said I would still have stitches - I was told "if you do not attend you will go to the back of the list as it is classes as a refusal - so here I am" the woman then said "Oh not another one - you're he 4th this week" to which I replied "Its only Monday morning"

The upshot is I go back on Friday and got home to find a message saying hospital tomorrow for the stitches out and consultant appointment too....I have rung back and said "I have booked stitches to come out at my local GP/nurse on Wednesday as per the instruction letter and I have a consultant appointment on Thursday.....apparently I have to go tomorrow so off I will go. Not cancelling the nurse or the other hospital appointment until I see what happens tomorrow. Bit of a mix up all round but makes my life a bit less boring.

Oh yes car being MOT'd tomorrow too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #4

Don't you just LOVE the communication in the NHS!!! Sounds like you are going to be busy today (tuesday) me too. I'll go off and start the Tuesday thread now