Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #11

Re: Less fortunate black/black & white cats and kittens

Being the very proud owner of two black/white cats and two new black kittens (which i was desperate for) who i got from Celia hammond Trust and who are totally gorgeous i cannot understand why people DO NOT LIKE BLACK CATS
I LOVE THEM I would like a whole herd of black pussies BLISS

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #12

Black cats and Black&White cats are so sweet I can`t really understand why they would be so over looked, it is such a shame

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #13

I adore jet black cats and always have done! When my husband walked out unexpectedly several years ago, I went to the Colchester Cat Sanctuary and took home two beautiful black cats who were brother and sister and had been together for 7 years previously. I re-named them Rupert and Sophi. Rupert was like a mini black panther and very in your face and quite vocal, whereas Sophi was literally half his size, quiet but oh so sweet. They helped me through a very emotional and hard time and became very very special to me. Very sadly, Rupert was killed two years after I got him ~ I found his body not far from home ~ I was distraught and cried for days. Sophi and I clung to each other and became each other's rock, and as time went on we became even closer and she became my shadow for the next seven years. She was a very special little cat. She became ill quite suddenly in early July at the age of approx 16/17yrs old (although she still looked and acted like a kitten), and I had to make the uterly heart-breaking decision to have her put to sleep, and I held her until the very end. She is buried in the garden with her brother Rupert, and I console myself with the thought that are now re-united and happy again to be together once again. I was so distraught that I wasn't even able to go into work for 2 days and still cry if I think about it too much. They are safely tucked away in my heart and nothing can ever change that. I had to get another cat quite soon afterwards as I was getting very depressed and my home seemed to have lost it's soul. I have YumYum now ~ who has totally captivated me, and being a totally different type of cat, I don't compare ~ if you understand what I mean. Sorry to have rambled on, but sometimes I just have to let that out of my system. Here are some pics of my beloved Rupert and Sophi:-

I'm sure that one day I'll have another black cat as I think they're beautiful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
12-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #14

Awwwwww they were gorgeous looking cats, know wonder they were so special to you and will hold a place in your heart for ever.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2009, 01:44 AM   #15

What beautiful cats; know how much they must be missed ....... thanks for sharing their story and pics .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #16

Both beauties - I can totally understand how they captivated you and helped you get through a difficult time. Cats do that, don't they? Thanks for sharing their stories and pictures. After my Merlin was pts in March this year - he'd been with me for over 23 years - I could only manage three weeks without a cat.

So glad you have YumYum now.