Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #11

Re: Help with abandoned cat

Hi - Karen (Kazz) started today's Daily Thread so you can link from there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
24-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #12

Only just seen this, not been on for a few days as been busy organising the homing show.

I would get the cat to the vets asap as it could be mastitis, potentially very serious if untreated, but easily made better if caught early.

Which part of Birmingham is the cat in?

We can take the cat in if someone is prepared to drive her to the Stourbridge area.

Kelly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #13

Hiya sorry....thought I had replied but it appears not but Kelly has replied. I can get the cat to stourbridge if needed. Please let me know if its needed.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
24-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #14

Hi, thankyou both for getting back to me, i am thrilled that you can both help thankyou so much. i rang my sister at lunch time and she told me her friend would bring the cat to the vets next monday or tuesday i told her that someone had told me it sounds like mastitis which could be serious and if she has already had this for a week being with her then she needs to get her seen now. she said she would ring the friend and see if she could take her and ring me back tonight if she did. i didnt get a phone call i mean i cant blame my sister too much as like i said she is out of work and was the one that was asked to look after the cat, but her friend should be taking a bit more responsibility. if i didnt have so much on my plate at the moment i would just go over and get her myself to the vets.

I also told her that there has been a rescue offer but she will need to get the cat to Stourbridge. she said she would also ask her friend about this, but if she wont even take her to the vets i cant see her taking her all the way to Stourbridge So Kazz i would appreciate it immensely if you were able to help. we are both in Erdington btw. i will be ringing my sister again tomorrow to find out whats going on and if it is ok with you Kazz i shall let her know there has been an offer from you to take the cat to Smudgely.

You guys are true stars, thankyou so much for helping like this. im keeping fingers crossed that we can get something sorted quick so the poor girl has a better chance of being seen by a vet!

Catsey Veteran

26-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #15

I will wait to hear from you then?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
27-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #16

Just to let everyone know Kazz is very kindly collecting the kitty from my sister tomorrow afternoon and bringing her to a foster home in Stourbridge I cant explain how greatful i am to both Kazz and Kelly(and of course the foster home) for helping out in this, this is turning out to be one very lucky cat! Thankyou again guys, you are both stars

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #17

Well done Kazz and Kelly! Catsey to the rescue; I'm so glad you and your sister have helped out this poor kitty, bless her!

Catsey Veteran

27-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #18

No problem...seriously, happy to deliver cats for the catsey rescue machine.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #19

Kazz and Kelly..... what a great team you make!

So pleased that this little kitty will be getting the help it needs ....well done to all concerned!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #20

What a lovely outcome, you Kazz and Smudgley are stars..........!!!