Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1x Sphynx, 2x DLH, 5x DSH
18-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #1

Talkative Tabby Tom called Twiglet seeks home

Twiglet

Ok this is probably one of my pointless escapades however nothing ventured nothing gained & all that jazz....

The story goes... people move out leave behind 3 cats 2 appear to be fending for themselves but a bit scrawny the other (now called Twiglet) was getting thinner & thinner... Helpful neighbour thought can't really have another cat but will catch him, feed him up and then try re-homing him... as luck would have it the post person said she liked the cat and would take him on... but then when he was still losing weight after 2 weeks of captivity & regular meals he was blood tested for Hyperthyroidism and he passed it with flying colours... not good!! Now post person doesn't want him! Surprised not!

OK the situation is he is currently in a large cage in my lounge, he is on the meds twice a day, and takes them OK He is gaining weight with 6 small meals a day, have him on a mix of Hills K/d, A/d & felix & RWC dry, I am keeping him in the cage to make sure we have no accidents (or my RigbyBigBear trys caticide!! ) He appears to be about 8-10 years old and we will supply you with 30 tabs free of charge, and the option to buy another 100+ at half the vets price!! As mentioned very talkative and friendly and other than the thyroid seems OK...

I'll let you google all the gumph about Hyperthyroidism in cats to get the full story but anyone out there interested? The neighbour has left Twiglet 'the talking cat' in Castaways care whilst away on hols but has stated that if he doesn't weight gain sufficiently by her return then he will be euthanised as she cannot commit to an ill cat! Welcome to the world of rescue... if I stopped shelling out on the poorlies I might have central heating fitted before winter....

I would be happy to waive the usual adoption fee we charge for this poorly puss but would want to try and regain our costs??? PM me or add to the thread... any suggestions welcome! Photo to follow! But watch out he a bit saucy.....