Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #1

soaking wet Saturday

Morning everyone. As the title suggests its wet and miserable here today. been out for a 4.5mike walk with OH and Barney. Really good and the weather wasnt too bad at that time.

Headingto town for birthday lunch for OH nana then off to get a few bits for my 18mile cycle tomorrow which will be thr first cycle I have done since last July!

hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

Re: soaking wet Saturday

Good morning and Pamela you have shattered me just reading your post I will return to it after 40 winks.
Enjoy your visit and then your bike ride, have you any where in mind to go?

I have just spoken to Elaine and arranged to meet for a carvery tonight and then she can also meet Bella and have a coffee, would have been going to Crufts today but could not get cover after Dave (work) passing away last week anyhow off to bed now for few hours speak to everyone later and enjoy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #3

Morning Pamela, Kazz and all to come along later. Sorry to hear it's wet in your part of Scotland, Pamela. It's a lovely bright sunny Spring day here with a bit of a breeze. Might even get some washing dried outdoors today.

Also sorry to hear that you are not able to go to Crufts, Kazz. I hope Elaine enjoys it and I hope you both enjoy meeting up at the carvery later.

Not sure what I'm up to today, probably some housework and laundry this morning and then some calligraphy this afternoon.

I am hoping that Dinky and family and cats are OK - tried to find out online News report regarding the NZ quake she wrote of yesterday, but there was nothing I could find, so I hope she posts today.

Have a good day folks.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #4

Good morning to everyone, I'm just off to bed now on Saturday evening. Cats, dog and budgie are all fine after Friday night's quake. We had another smaller one today, but thank goodness, only the one.My house is badly damaged due to earlier quakes and EQC and structural engineers are assessing it .I have lived with no kitchen, no hot water, cracks in the walls and ceilings and two broken windows for two years now, so am well used to it.Others are much worse off, so can't complain.Just hope something is done before winter sets in.I am fostering 3 homeless cats in the Red Zone, as are many other animal lovers,There are hundreds of them that have become lost as a result of the quakes and are now wild. It is always the poor animals that suffer, but at least food is being left for them every day. Hope everyone has a great Saturday and thanks for your kind thoughts...........Dinky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #5

afternoon all.
Dinky, glad you are ok, sorry your house is so badly damaged, it must be very difficult living like that.
Fantastic that you are fostering three cats too.
Karen, hope you have a nice meal with Elaine tonight.
Angie, like you i have washing on the line.
Pamela, you sound very active.
Dry, cold day here , we have been for a walk to a nature reserve this morning.
Last night i was hospital visiting a good friend, feeling very sad about her at the moment.
Going to spend the rest of the day pottering, watching tv, reading, whatever.

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #6

Glad you are OK Dinky. I am very sad to hear that you are struggling still 2 years on, and I expect other NZ folk are too. Shamed to say I had no idea.

Wonderful folk who are fostering displaced animals, I take my hat off to them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #7

Good morning all, I'm a bit late as I've been chatting on the phone with friends and rellies who have rung up to wish us a happy anniversary 28 years today!

It was a mizzley early morning but has turned out bright now, hope it gets to you up north soon Pamela. Not doing much celebrating today. Have a busy week ahead with a couple of meals out with friends.

….. well, for some reason that didn't post this morning, now it's a gorgeous afternoon and I've blitzed the housework and even the garden has had a going over, old plants dug up and thrown, 2 bin bags of rubbish to go out! Can't get enough of the sun, I'm like a duracell bunny

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #8

Happy Anniversary Nette and Ceri

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #9

Thank you Shelley. x

Catsey Veteran

08-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #10

Happy Anniversary Nette and Ceri from me too!