Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #1

Friday daily

Sorry, can't do alliteration this early! It's the end of a busy week with lots of handover meetings where I've had to keep repeating myself because no-one can be bothered to read the notes my team has written! Being made redundant is wearying and I'm finding work increasingly difficult. Never mind - only got to make it to Easter and excitingly the business cards for my new venture have arrived!
Just doing the usual cat juggling to make sure everyone gets the right breakfast and Smudge gets her injection before settling down to a day of working at home. Is 'cat juggling' a CV skill do you think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #2

Re: Friday daily

C.S
I am sure cat juggling is a skill that is highly valued you jut need the right people to read the CV I would not bother to write notes.......business cards - good for you. Sure you will be a success. Is working for yourself something you had in mind to do but never did or something that was always planned or never planned but for circumstances.............

Home now and just texted Elaine who has arrived in B'ham and is off to Crufts hope she enjoys the day. Going to try to sleep.

Have a good day all. Off to bed I go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Is working for yourself something you had in mind to do but never did or something that was always planned or never planned but for circumstances.............
I suppose it's an idea I've flirted with but never had the confidence to give up paid employment to try...... I'm sure that the redundancy will turn out to be a good thing in the long term but I struggle with the optimism some days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #4

Hi cats'staff, love the 'cat juggling' it certainly merits a mention on the CV under Small Miracles and How to Achieve them Good luck with your new ventures.

Kazz, are you joining Elaine at Crufts this year? I expect it will be a wonderful occasion and I'll try and get some viewing in on C4.

My back is better, it was still sore until yesterday afternoon but I have done a lot of delving into my family tree and it's been interesting. I'm going to get the windows done today as Ceri is in Stroke Club. see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #5

Morning CS, Kazz!

Cat Juggling deserves two capital letters and is a highly skilled activity that demands patience, kindness and a high degree of perception. When you have two cats and two dogs, cat juggling is supremely important although not always appreciated!!!!!

Business cards arrived ....... a BIG reason for a bit of a celebration I think. As someone who has run a small business for a few years now, I can appreciate some of the traumas you are facing, although I made my own decision and wasn't at the end of a redundancy although it was in a bit part due to a sort of take-over. I was never aiming for a high volume of work and I've been happy chugging along. The most difficult thing is risk of isolation so I would recommend making the most of any independent networking groups happening in your area. Mother Hen over and out!!!

Overcast here but promise of clearing through this afternoon. Cats (pre-juggling) have been full of exploration and curiosity this morning, noses into everything. Just must rush and get "their" bed made before the dogs return.

Have a good day all, especially Elaine at Crufts!

Morning PP!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #6

Good morning to everyone on Catsey. It's nearly 11.30pm on Friday evening here in New Zealand and we've just had another earthquake. Luckily we heard this one coming before the shaking began, but the poor cats are terrified. Hope we're not going to have a night of quakes. I'm just going to feed my kitties a wee snack then going to bed .Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #7

Morning Dinky - so sorry to hear about the 'quake. Hope you all stay safe. Please give your poor kitties a comforting cuddle from me.

Catsey Veteran

07-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Hi cats'staff, love the 'cat juggling' it certainly merits a mention on the CV under Small Miracles and How to Achieve them Good luck with your new ventures.

Kazz, are you joining Elaine at Crufts this year? I expect it will be a wonderful occasion and I'll try and get some viewing in on C4.

My back is better, it was still sore until yesterday afternoon but I have done a lot of delving into my family tree and it's been interesting. I'm going to get the windows done today as Ceri is in Stroke Club. see you later x
I love that phrasing, PP - that deserves to be quoted! Glad your back is feeling better today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #9

afternoon all.
Sorry to hear you have had a quake Dinky
Nette, glad your back is better
I've been to work this morning, i was called out of group both yesterday and today to do some work on the computer, realy enjoyed it, sure beats crawling around on the floor,lol
Just off to the river with the dogs as the sun has got his hat on !