Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #1

Woe is me, Wednesday

Sorry I'm so full of self pity but I've hurt my back

It's a beautiful morning here too and I'm looking through very dirty windows to say that, oh the guilt!

I twisted yesterday lifting a bag of Catsan from the car, I thought I was ok, took a couple of paracetamol but this morning it's very tender. I have a hot water bottle and Deep Heat spray to hand.

Hope your day starts better than mine, see you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #2

Re: Woe is me, Wednesday

Oh Dear Nette, sorry to hear about your back, do look after yourself and stuff the windows,lol
So far my day has been fine, been out with the dogs and now going to fix a dolls hand back on to the body.
Work this afternoon, then visiting my parents and taking Chris swimming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #3

Afternoon all. PP, very sorry about your back, cat litter is really quite heavy and if you've lifted and twisted, I do sympathise. Hope it gets better very soon, and as Shelley says, "stuff the windows"!

It's been quite a good morning here, sunny and bright and I've changed the Bokashi bins over which is always best done on a sunny day - went and lightly dug the compost heap and there are so many worms, I do like to see a healthy compost heap! Little things are cheerful!!!

OH is grumpy because he put an online order in this morning and when he wanted to go back in to check it through in case I'd thought of anything we needed, we were told we had to update our password. He went off in a huff and told me to sort it!!!!

Shelley, hope you can get the poor doll's hand back on straight - do you ever think you may have made a good surgeon???

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Sorry I'm so full of self pity but I've hurt my back

It's a beautiful morning here too and I'm looking through very dirty windows to say that, oh the guilt!

I twisted yesterday lifting a bag of Catsan from the car, I thought I was ok, took a couple of paracetamol but this morning it's very tender. I have a hot water bottle and Deep Heat spray to hand.

Hope your day starts better than mine, see you later. x
Afternoon and OUch you have my thoughts with you on this, maybe a warm bath with radox or similar? do not worry about the windows.

Catsey Veteran

05-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Oh Dear Nette, sorry to hear about your back, do look after yourself and stuff the windows,lol
So far my day has been fine, been out with the dogs and now going to fix a dolls hand back on to the body.
Work this afternoon, then visiting my parents and taking Chris swimming.
Sounds like a nice way to spend a Wednesday, how are you parents doing now?

Like Angie I something think of you are performing surgery when you talk of replacing arms/hands etc etc.

Catsey Veteran

05-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Afternoon all. PP, very sorry about your back, cat litter is really quite heavy and if you've lifted and twisted, I do sympathise. Hope it gets better very soon, and as Shelley says, "stuff the windows"!

It's been quite a good morning here, sunny and bright and I've changed the Bokashi bins over which is always best done on a sunny day - went and lightly dug the compost heap and there are so many worms, I do like to see a healthy compost heap! Little things are cheerful!!!

OH is grumpy because he put an online order in this morning and when he wanted to go back in to check it through in case I'd thought of anything we needed, we were told we had to update our password. He went off in a huff and told me to sort it!!!!

Shelley, hope you can get the poor doll's hand back on straight - do you ever think you may have made a good surgeon???

Have a good day all.

Good afternoon did you sort the small hiccup in your online ordering? I like this gentle transition into Spring my bulbs are flowering and I am thinking gardening......

Have a good afternoon........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #7

Karen, my parents are ok, thanks for asking.
The hand surgery on the doll involved inserting the wire hook that had snapped off, glueing it and filling around it with epoxy resin, not fixing the hand back yet until it has hardened.