Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #1

sunny monday

Morning everyone. Beautiful morning here today which made the morning walk nice as it was fresh even though it was dark.

Had an eventful morning when we got in. Poor Harris was being petted by OH when Barney went for him and managed to pin him down. Poor wee boy was shell shocked!! Managed to get him out from hiding behind the couch and checked him over. He is fine but barney is in the bad books! Need to keep an eye on them for a while I think.

Working today then home to the mad house! Hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #2

Re: sunny monday

First my apologises for not returning to the quiz let John out with Bella then got caught talking to my next door neighbours daughter who was just leaving my neighbour is undergoing chemo for bowel stomach and liver cancer and is apparently a bit better this weekend thankfuly but they are now concerned he either has a hernia or another tumour....goig for a scan today.

Bit of good news I have lost 1/2 stone and kept it off for a month now, YEAH!!!!!!
And will be seeing Elaine this weekend she is coming down for Crufts - and meeting Bella.

Right got a busy day planed a good monthly shop first then back home and sorting lots bits and pieces out.
Pamela I think that's a bit of jealously there, but something that need curbing in some way with dogs it can become a habit quickly my Tess had a habit of thinking "I'm in charge over Cleo" never over Oscar so we had to be careful especially as Tess was a healthy young Staff and Cleo a elderly not to well cat.

I never found an answer we could go weeks with nothing then she would decide "Boom" good luck.

Hope everyone has a good day. See you later.

Bit of jealously there I think.
Good morning everyone. Firts

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #3

This is the first he has done it. OH has sat on many an occasion petting both beside each other.

Sounds like you are going to be busy!! Well done on the weight loss

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

afternoon all.
Beautiful sunny day here today.
I took the dogs a walk and saw birds begining to build nests as well as spring flowers.
Then like you Karen i had to do the monthly shop , all put away now so having a blast on here before walking the dogs again.
Congrats on your weight loss.
It does sound as if Barney is jealous, i'm not well up on behaviour but for what its worth maybe when one of you is petting the cats the other could pet Barney. My natural reaction would be to want to punish but maybe this would make Barney resent the cats.If he associates them with something nice happening to him it may help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #5

Talking of naughty dogs, Pamela, i got laughed at today ( in a nice way ) by a man who saw Kwame trying to bring a bus down as it drove passed us, he reard up and then tried to chew through his lead to get to it.
While i'm thinking on, i wont be able to make the sunday quiz as we are taking my eldest son and partner for a meal, sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #6

Good evening all!

Sorry I missed you yesterday, lots going on at the moment, have sent my parents off for a holiday to Eastbourne. They are travelling there by bus from South Wales so a long journey, waiting for a phone call now.

All of us keeping well here, Ceri's gone off tonight with his daughter for a walk and an evening of spag bol and quizzes. I'm going going to do some ironing and chill.

Have a great birthday Shelley, hope you do some thing nice to celebrate, off to look at your doll pics now
Pamela and Kazz, you sound like you both have a full house with your four-legged kids !

Catsey Veteran

03-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #7

sounds like you have a bit of a wild child too shelley!!

posh, hope you get all your ironing done its something I dont do!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #8

Evening all, just about to head off to training so I'll be brief lol.
Had a mixed bag ending to last week, will explain later.
Looking forward to Crufts, seeing Kazz, meeting Bella etc.

Pamela, when we had some issues between Rayne and Milly, although a bit different as it was Milly who would set upon Rayne first but she would have come off the worst if I hadn't interviened. What I did was I gave them both their own time with me, so while Milly was on my lap or what ever, I'd tell Rayne to go to bed and stay and once Milly had had enough and moved to another room, I'd call Rayne over for a big fuss. It's easier to teach the dog "bed" than the cat lol.