Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #1

tuesday

morning everyone
dogs walked and just having a cuppa before i set off for Preston and the car boot. I have taken to visiting the auction house as well just in case there are any treasures.
Have fun folks on this bright sunny day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #2

Re: tuesday

Hi shelley and all

Lovely to hear from our Tink and to see a photo of her beautiful baby Eva Sad about your ferrets Tink but glad you rehomed them where they will be treasured. Will be lovely to catch up on Solomon, KuanYin and all.

Shelley, I think of you when I watch programmes like Antiques Roadshow and I just know one day you will be there with a bit of car boot treasure. I'd love to do Bargain Hunt.

There's grey skies here today, but saying that it started off brightly and fingers crossed it's still dry- there is hope.

Ceri has a doctor's appointment today, so getting him ready to go, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #3

Morning Shelley- glad you have bright, sunny weather- we are under cloud at the moment but there are definite signs of spring!

I'm doing a bit of work (ahem) before taking Smudge to the vet. When she was originally diagnosed as diabetic it was at an emergency vet which is at a bit of a distance. I'm also not that happy with them- their treatment of Smudge is fine but it is a big practise and communication is poor. We have had mix ups of ordering stuff and being told it was there then finding it wasn't and have been promised that a vet will call us back to discuss something only to find they never do and are impossible to speak to. Anyway- now things are settled a bit we are moving her treatment back to out local vet- much less of a car journey for stressed cat and staff!

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #4

Hi PP- think we posted at the same time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #5

Morning everyone.

Shelley, glad you enjoyed your walk.
Posh, hope everything goes well at the doctors.
C.S hope the vet appointment goes ok and its not too stressful for all concerned.

Ian off work for the next few days as we are so close to vetting the house on the market so I took the time to get jobs like sanding the ceiling, glossing and vaxing carpets all done. Nearly done with sanding then its hoovering up after that because it is soo messy!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #6

Hi all, just waving to all and sitting here with a cup of tea and a piece of OH's lovely homemade ginger cake! Hope all are well?

It's lovely to have heard from Tink, her daughter is a darling and so glad the little one is already a "cat person"! Sorry about the ferrets, but Tink has done the sensible thing and has ensured they have gone to good homes.

It's been a housework day here for me and now I am thinking that I'm done for the day. Dora will not be going to training this evening because OH is going earlier to collect our dog trainer and all her equipment as her usual transport is having a couple of days off. Our dogs' crates have been taken out to make room and both Dora and Monty will have an evening off but OH will be working doubly hard to make up for it!

Hope all have a good day.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #7

Oh, CS do hope Smudge does well at the vet and you get things sorted satisfactorily. One thing I like about my vet practice is that they run their own emergency service and computer records between surgeries keep everyone up to date. That's not to say that errors don't occur of course, but it does cut down on them.

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #8

Pamela .......... sanding the ceiling????????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Pamela .......... sanding the ceiling????????
yeh angie. when we took the polystyrene tiles off the ceiling 18month or so ago, we had a huge crack in the ceiling so OH tried to plaster it but gave up and left it needing sanded down. Hence why I did it today and gave it a first coat of magnolia paint. looking pretty good. Another coat and it should disappear

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #10

I'm impressed with sanding the ceiling!

Smudge howled all the way round in the car but it is only 10 mins so better than the other surgery. Her blood sugar and condition is good so the vet thinks we are doing things right! She took a blood test to be sure and promised to call with the results. All in all I'm much happier with the local surgery. Oh and madam was quiet on the way home!