Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #1

Post cuppa Friday daily

How late are we today? I can hear Eileen .........

It's been a gorgeous day here, sunny blue sky, warm in the sun but cold in a bit of a breeze. Had one unexpected shower of rain this morning. Gardening man has been and cut down remains of the snowberry, looks a bit bare but it soon shoots again. Discovered quite a lovely little patch of dog violets.

Kizzy has been out until about an hour ago and is now snuggled in the bedroom with Pip, hopefully both asleep as they've been full of Spring this morning.

Hope everyone is well and keeping warm, dry and safe. I heard on the News that there had been an earthquake in the Bristol channel yesterday, so I am hoping Mags is still safe??????

Hope all are just having a lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #2

Re: Post cuppa Friday daily

Hello Angie,
just me and you today,lol.
I have been out and about visiting an old friend who is in very poor health, sounds awful but i try to see her once a week now whilst i still can.
We had a good laugh at some of our past outings and i have brought some of her dolls home with me to sell at the fair a week on saturday.

Global Moderator

21-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #3

Angie, thanks for your concern, all safe here and didn't feel a thing!

Actually at the time it occurred I was at my daughter's house and we were in her kitchen talking when her cat flew through the cat flap with her ears almost flat ..... we thought she had been chased by another cat but now I do wonder if she had sensed a seismic shift as it was about the time the 'quake happened. It has been know that animals can sense these things....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #4

Glad to hear you are OK Mags. Yes, I expect your daughter's cat sensed it, poor dear.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #5

Hullo all, I'm from Christchurch,NZ and our city has been terribly damaged by the huge earthquakes a couple of years ago. We are always getting aftershocks, sometimes 6 or 7 a day, and we're pretty used to them.BUT the cats certainly sense them coming before the shaking begins. They become very fearful and run into the cupboard (used to be my pot cupboard but now it is the cats safe haven).My huge big English Mastiff becomes a terrified slobbering mess during the quakes and even my wee budgie goes totally quiet before one happens. It seems that animals are especially sensitive to approaching tremors.Hope everyone has a lovely day. It's Saturday morning here, the sun is shining and I'm off to take Willow to the dog park.Later today, I'll help my youngest daughter do a circular delivery then we'll sit down together and watch the Harry Potter movie on TV tonight.

Catsey Veteran

22-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Dinky i can't imagine what it must be like living in a country with serious earthquakes.
Hope you enjoyed the movie