Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #1

Monday - more rain

Just when we thought it was safe to leave the umbrella at home Oh well, it was good for a short while, managed to get out the back and whip a brush around and clear up the debris from the storms.

I've heard from my close friend Su in Plymouth and she had the sad news over the weaken that her partner's mum had died. She lives in Spain so she's flying out today, not the half term she'd planned for herself and certainly no holiday. It was sudden, peritonitis following bowel surgery and she already had a chronic lung condition, RIP Carol.

Have nothing in my diary today, just more ironing and housework, well that never ends does it!

Ceri is trying out a relaxation CD as part of a research project looking into after care of stroke patients. Think I'll borrow it later

Have a warm, dry day everybody x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #2

Re: Monday - more rain

Afternoon PP and those to pop along later.

Sorry to hear about your friend's partner's mum. It sounds like she had a tough time of it.

I was meant to take Kizzy to the vet this morning for a check up but as I am absolutely sure that she is fine, I phoned and cancelled her appointment. She will still have to go back in a week to have her stitch out. She only has the one! She's been scampering around and jumping up on things, the wound is an ordinary colour and she still has some antibiotics to go - I'm not giving her any more Metacam, that last painkilling injection last Friday put her right. It's lovely having my Kizzy-wizzy-woo back .... thanks in no small part to all your good vibes, no doubt!

It's very overcast here but not actually raining now although it has been. I am in the Scriptorium today, just playing around. All except one of my deliveries have arrived. Got some lovely ink!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #3

Afternoon all.

PP Sorry to hear your friends news - very upsetting. Interesting a relaxation CD I can see that will be a good idea interesting research idea.

Angie Pleased to hear Kizzy is taking leaps and bounds forward, and glad you have some nice ink. Are you enjoying your new hobby?

Hope everyone is well I have been really busy today - but the highlight is been with Dad for his COPD breathing check up and his lung capacity last year was 61% this year it is 91% they checked it three times then the Doctor came in and apparently rarely do people increase their capacity let alone by 30% - well chuffed.

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #4

Coo that's brilliant Kazz. Well done your Dad - I'd love to know his secret, what's he been doing? I've had COPD for 12 years now.

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Coo that's brilliant Kazz. Well done your Dad - I'd love to know his secret, what's he been doing? I've had COPD for 12 years now.
He has been taking Manuka honey a teaspoon a day he takes +20 or more in the winter and now the down to +15.

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #6

I'm going to have to try that!

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I'm going to have to try that!
Oh and according to my Dad he does deep breathing exercise at night in bed and early morning. He makes himself breath deeply really not sure what has happened although we know it has improved dramatically as we can no longer hear him breath, before you could hear where he was now you cannot did not expect such a dramatic improvement - in fact did not expect an improvement at all. Just stability.

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #8

Exactly .......... and neither do the medical profession. According to them it's all either stability of going downhill. Please give your Dad a hug from me. What a role-model!

Oh and where do you get the Manuka honey from, just looked online and it's hugely expensive, gave myself a bit of a shock there!