Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Hope everyone is well dry and happy.

Well it’s a lovely Sunday morning here bright and dry (at the moment) a line of washing already out and another one in the machine.
Been out with Bella, eaten my boiled egg and toast I am sitting here posting and of course its Sunday so
Bella is dozing on the bed with sun streaming through the window - she is a sun follower I think this one, she moved in the kitchen yesterday to sit in the ray of sun.
I am going out tomorrow with a couple of friends for a carvery tomorrow night. One of whom is who I went on the cruise with so we may consider a break away while out depends on who else comes as to the holiday conversation.
My good friend who was recently diagnosed with throat cancer is out of hospital now (in for 2 weeks generally unwell) she has a massive burn on her chin/throat/face from the radio and is eating through a feeding tube so may pop over and see her tomorrow although depends on how she is when I am due to go over - it’s up to how she feels. Will take her a jigsaw I think.

Off to the farm shop shortly and take Bella with us and stop for a nice walk we are slowly overcoming her fear of spaces we can now walk into the open area for 10 minutes
without her turning tail and trying to get out. Can's see her ever going off lead with her fear of noises/spaces - fear makes her run - although I think she would head for the car or home. Shame I cannot leave the house or the car open just in case.

Plan on continuing to sort the wires out in the house today fed up of dangling trailing wires so invested in cable tidy's, cleaned all the windows downstairs inside and out yesterday and changed the nets. So if the weather holds may try to get the nets I took down washed and dried but not that fussed they will wait. I would live without any sort of window covering if I did not live on an estate surrounded by people walking past - not driving.

May finish painting the doors on the landing and clean the UPVC front door frame.

So that's me have a good day all. And let’s hope we all end it better than we start.

Quiz tonight see you all then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

Morning Kazz, lots going on at yours today then! We also have blue sky, sunshine and no wind ....... lovely. Daffodils are starting to come out, a few in the local village up on a sunny bank.

What a morning we've had though! Poor OH now has a pain just above his collar bone and does not know how or why, it must be painful because it's eclipsed all other niggly pains. Then, Kizzy had been out I think all night and so I was anxious about her, especially as she needs to be given her antibiotic pill at 12 hour intervals. OH sees Kizzy outside (on the window sill, taunting the dogs he said), so sensibly he shut the dogs in the front room and went outside to bring Kizzy in but for some reason did not close the front door and worst of all, opened the front room door .......... of course, the dogs did a runner. I was just out of the shower and in the nuddy so could not help, OH, swearing like a trooper, threw on a jumper and pair of shoes and was off after them. It took him ages to catch and bring them home. He said Monty nearly got knocked down by a car. Anyway, he's now gone off to Rally Obedience with Dora (who is c**p at it) and I will be shuffling Monty to agility in a couple of hours; Dora will have a rest in the car with a stuffed bone and then it will be her go at agility. They don't deserve all the effort he puts in to give them activities and fun. I have a couple of hours to calm down and maybe have a bit of breakfast.

Oh, and just as he got Dora in the car ready to go, Kizzy turned up again, so we whisked her indoors and gave her her pill ...........

Enough activity certainly for me already today!

Hope to be at the quiz if I am not asleep! Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #3

afternoon kazz and angie.

Kazz, sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you!!
Angie, sounds like your morning has been eventful, glad the pooches are ok though.

OH is doing more in the bathroom, im going to potter about and tidy. Been out to dothe shopping and went to lidl as we saved loads last week.

Will get the quiz questions sorted for tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #4

Afternoon all!

It's a lovely day here today. So good to get some sun on my bones. We have my grandson staying with us this weekend although he doesn't say much as he is permanently attached to his iPhone via his earphones. Then he's out with his mates- teenagers eh!

Love hearing about your dog adventures and on a day like today I'd love to take a dog for a walk, then I remember what's it's like in the cold and rain and reconsider my doggy broodiness Seems like Bella prefers your guidance on her lead and if it keeps her safe and secure Kazz, let it be.
Poor Dora, not the brightest button in the box, but the wisest. She's got your OH sussed out Kisses for Kizzy, oh and Pip too. x

Have a good day everyone enjoy your quiz x

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

Angie every now and again I laugh out loud at the posts not often but today yours made me laugh out loud. Thank you. My only thought about OH putting all that work into the dog is what would they be like now if he had not........"scary face icon" (if I could find one)
Pamela I like lidl - although if you have an alidi by you try there for any fresh pasteries......scrummy.
P.P Dog adventures are always an enjoyable read until you are on the other end of the lead.
And I agree Bella is an on lead dog.

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #6

See you all at the quiz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #7

Kazz, I am chuffed you had a laugh! I must be doing something right. doG forbid, those pooches were totally untrained, although there are some around, aren't there?