Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #1

spooky experience

Last tuesday i had a strange experience whilst at yoga.
We had done the class and were doing a meditation/relaxation session.
Lorna the teacher gets you to visualise a place, i can do this but dont find it easy and seem to run out of ideas
She asked us to see a lake and talked about seeing the colours, reflection of the sun on the water etc.
I imagined i was on a lilo.
She then told us to go deeper into the lake and again look at the colours in the water. I was able to do this and then sort of ran out of ideas what to do next.
She suggested that maybe there were crystals on the lake bottom that we could pick up.
Yes, i thought good idea and imagined myself doing this.
Suddenly there was a little girl beside me with long dark wavy hair. She said " I didn't drown !"
I said to her " Then come to the surface with me !"
It was then time to finish the meditation.
I didnt mention it to anyone as i was surprised and also didnt want to perhaps upset someone.
I will mention it to Lorna before the class starts this week.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #2

Re: spooky experience

Gracious Shelley ........ that is spooky. I am so glad the girl told you she didn't drown. Have you had any similar experiences in the past?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #3

That is spooky Shelley. Must be the day for it as we had 1 this morning too!!

We took Barney for his normal 6am walk. About 10mins into it we were neatly at the normal bridge we cross. We saw someone walking towards us with a high viz vest on so OH brought barney to heel. There are no off shoots from the track. When we got a bit closer to where we seen the person and there was no one there!!

I thought it was kind of spooky!!

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #4

That is indeed spooky Pamela .... did Barney pick up on anything? I expect it's one of those things that must have a reasonable explanation .... I just can't imagine any "ghost" wearing a high viz vest!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #5

blinking heck..........to both of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #6

Shelley you may be what they call, 'sensitive' and the deep meditative state has drawn on that ability. Have you ever had any experience or a family member had that feeling, it often runs in families. When it happens it can be very frightening, and often leads to questions about after-life and existence of souls, etc,

Pamela, your apparition is another phenomenon that plays on your mind. I guess the hi-viz jacket may put the 'ghost' idea to the back of your mind but I believe in magnetic imprints and this could be a recent manifestation.

All very interesting girls, worth a bit of research maybe?

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #7

I haven't experienced anything quite like it. I wasn't at all disturbed or frightened.
I am very interested in paranormal things but quite sceptical .
Pamela, how strange !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #8

Wow, I love hearing these kinds of things, it's almost a feeling of relief that its not just me that these things happen to.

I do sometimes feel that in some instances that our subconscious uses certain things/people/phrases etc as a catalyst and maybe what we see or hear is more a reflection of how we feel, worried, excited, scared etc.

Although sometimes I don't have an explanation to hide behind and some things just are.

Shelly can you remember exactly how you felt when you saw the girl and how you felt when she spoke? Are you a strong swimmer or are you afraid of getting out of your depth?

The man in a hi-viz vest is interesting though.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #9

Elaine, i'm a pretty good swimmer. Before i visualised swimming deeper into the lake i found it neccessary to visualise oxygen cylinders on my back.
When i saw the little girl, i felt surprised but not at all scared. I felt she was saying she was ok because she didnt drown. Other people that i have told feel that something else may have happened to her.
Going to mention it to Lorna tomorrow in case she knows anything.

Catsey Veteran

15-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #10

Shelley - did you manage to have a word with your Yoga teacher about your spooky experience and if so, what did she say???