Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #51

Re: New to Catsey & need advice on my 1st ever pregnant cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Wasn't aware of the £5 postal order to get certificate , are you sure you have your facts right before posting???!!!!
I have a current PDSA application form as one of my cats is with the PDSA, and it says so that you have to enclose a Postal Order. It used to be £3 but they put it up last year. I can scan it but I cannot do it until tomorrow.

However my local PDSA is not a hospital but is a ordinary veterinary practice that does PDSA work, the procedure may differ with one of their hospitals.

So yes, I am correct.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
07-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #52

Thought I heard on the news that the RSPCA were offering free neutering for cats due to the ongoing overpopulation.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #53

Yes it is the RSPCA who are doing this.

This is from ONE of their local sites

http://www.barrieranimalcareclinic.co.uk/chip_snip.htm

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
07-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcspik
I have a current PDSA application form as one of my cats is with the PDSA, and it says so that you have to enclose a Postal Order. It used to be £3 but they put it up last year. I can scan it but I cannot do it until tomorrow.

However my local PDSA is not a hospital but is a ordinary veterinary practice that does PDSA work, the procedure may differ with one of their hospitals.

So yes, I am correct.
Apologies, I was referring to the PDSA actual hospital...
It must work differently if accessing PDSA services through a Private vet Sorry!!!
No need to scan, I believe you

Catsey Junior

07-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Yes it is the RSPCA who are doing this.
Is that all RSPCA branches or is it just that particular one?

Also another thing, sometimes vets will do "special offers". For example a month ago a new vet opened up in town. They are doing an offer (which runs until September) which you can chip and neuter your pet for £20, but it would be of course subject to you registering with them.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #56

I think it applies to all branches but as per that site it says you need to check your area.

Catsey Junior

07-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #57

Quote:
Apologies, I was referring to the PDSA actual hospital...
It must work differently if accessing PDSA services through a Private vet
It is ok, glad we got it sorted out. My local vet does not ask for photo ID, though, just the relevant documentation, application form and Postal Order.

They also say that it can take a month for the certificate to come through (however in reality it depends on how quickly it gets done, once I had my new certificate back in 10 days). Like the PDSA hospitals, it is only valid for 6 months, and of course, you need to bring your certificate with you each time you bring your pet for treatment. If you forget, then you are liable for full cost. Again, they will ask for a donation each time your vet treats your pet (the only time I didn't get charged was last year when I had my cat PTS. I paid full cost for the cremation because I wanted Jack's ashes back, but if I did not want his ashes back apparently they covered that).

Catsey Junior

07-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
I think it applies to all branches but as per that site it says you need to check your area.
Thanks. Again it is subject to anyone being on the relevant benefits, which the OP (or anyone else in this situation) may not be. So it all very well people saying that you can get free neutering but in reality, if you do not for fill the criteria than you are liable for the full cost. Which puts off some people.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
07-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #59

[quote=pcspik;571033]It is ok, glad we got it sorted out. My local vet does not ask for photo ID, though, just the relevant documentation, application form and Postal Order.

Yeah, photo I.D not required at PDSA hospital either, just maybe a bank card/post office card and a utility bill as proof of address....
Sorry, to here about Jack heavenly cat kisses to him!

Catsey Junior

07-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #60

Quote:
Sorry, to here about Jack heavenly cat kisses to him!
Thanks for that. It's coming up to a year now since I lost him, so he has been on my mind lately. He was my first proper kitty and also my first FIV kitty.