Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #31

Re: New to Catsey & need advice on my 1st ever pregnant cat

to Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #32

Have to admit I do agree with Dawn and Elaine, some cat owners do not seem to think outside of the box. If I ever had another female cat I would always make sure she is spayed ASAP. Far far too many cats/kittens in rescue centres. (All of my cats have been rescues - although one private rescue -all of my female cats have been spayed)

However I do hope that everything goes well at the vets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #33

Dawn

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
05-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #34

Harsh, but VERY true words spoken! Waaaay too many homeless cats/kittens out there. But I truely believe its not only people breeding moggies at fault, but also the MANY pedigree breeders as well.
Its not rocket science to remember to neuter your cat at 5/6 months, and 'forgetting' is not a good enough excuse! My two females were done as soon as they hit 6 months.
But 'Jessies Mum' there is a great wealth of info on the net on how to go forward and take care of Jessie during her pregnancy/birth and nursing. Even go to library....
Hope you do go to vet and everything is fine.
'Slitty eyes' that you mentioned could be an indication of de-hydration,pain or illness. And cats bottom can swell a bit near time of birth, a bit worrying if this has happened early.
Best of Luck!

Cats owned: 3 Domestic
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I expect as a responsible pet owner NOT to allow your Cat to get pregnant, especially when its a moggy and there are THOUSANDS needing homes! You have clearly stated you have NO idea what you are doing, how do you want responsible owners to react to you? Say "oh never mind" well thats just tough, you have purposely allowed your pet cat to get pregnant, you say you know who the father is, well thats not responsibly owned either is it? You have no idea whether your Cat has been infected with lethal diseases, nor whether her kittens will have been infected either, do you expect people to say "well done?"

Whether you "welcome" my comments anymore means absolutely diddly squat to me, YOU came on a public forum and expected pink and fluffy replies, well tough, some folk live in the real world and have to pick up the pieces of irresponsible people who allow pets to get pregnant and have no idea of what will even happen! Neutering is FREE, it should of been done, if you didnt want her done, YOU should of made sure she was SAFE when calling!
That is very disrespectful of you. I am not an irresponsible owner. If I was I wouldn't bother with taking her to the vets or even coming on here. You are a vicious person and would never want to leave cats in the care of you, just judging by your tone!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdoll.
05-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #36

hope all goes well at the vets.

I agree that all cats should be neutered but this was all very harsh and a bit like bullying .

Can I ask are your other cats neutered? if not please please get it done there are tooooooo many kittens out there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessies mum
That is very disrespectful of you. I am not an irresponsible owner. If I was I wouldn't bother with taking her to the vets or even coming on here. You are a vicious person and would never want to leave cats in the care of you, just judging by your tone!
Thank you! In my line of work I only care for responsibly owned pets, so I doubt you'd ever be in a position to refuse me.

Poor cat, I feel so sorry fo her.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
05-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #38

Beginning to think 'Jessies mum' is just on here as a hoax to bait a very emotive subject.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Beginning to think 'Jessies mum' is just on here as a hoax to bait a very emotive subject.....
Possibly, but there is no doubting the amount of irresponsibly bred animals there are out there, bred by people who have no idea and very little concern.

Some people think I am "anti breeding" absolutely NOT, I have 4 pedigree Cats and two rescue Cats, I show dogs and am breeding a litter shortly, I just have a HUGE problem with irresposibility and the fact that such people want others to think everything is fine with breeding these moggies, its NOT!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #40

I wouldn't worry Dawn (although I doubt you are worried! ) It frustrates me too. but I think we all know how responsible you are and that you are a caring & capable pet owner.