Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #21

Re: New to Catsey & need advice on my 1st ever pregnant cat

Hello and welcome to Catsey.

I support Elaine 100%. I worked in animal rescue for 8 years and the number of cats and kittens looking for homes is truly unbelieveable. I had a look round at my local RSPCA branch recently and again the numbers of kittens there was staggering. You may not like my opinion, but for what it is worth I think you are being irresponsible. Simply saying that you "didn't get around" to neutering your cat is no excuse. I am sure you are an animal lover and I also imagine you have the cat and kittens best interests at heart as you wouldn't have come on here. I won't say anymore, but I also think you need to take your cat to the vet to have her checked over and to give you advice & information.

Cats owned: 3 Domestic
04-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #22

I know "I just didn't get round to it" is irresponsible. Jessie is only a year and a half old and all my three cats are my first three cats I have ever owned and my experience and knowledge of cats is sparse, although I have done as much research on them as possible. Its a fact that I acknowledge and totally comprehend, too many people who have pregnant cats are irresponsible and also inconsiderate and the poor kittens suffer. OK I think I get the message. I was wrong... I heard it and will learn from my minor mistake.

I have made an appointment to have Jessie looked at first thing in the morning. Crossed fingers all will be fine and soon we'll have some beautiful kittens, that will NOT be ill treated and will only go to GOOD homes.

Now please can we stop the lectures and debates and just wish Jessie a pleasant and safe birth.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #23

I sincerely hope all goes well for her at her vet visit.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #24

Now that the air has been cleared, could we get back on topic and give Becky some of your valued advice...... which she had originally asked for, to help her see her cat through the forthcoming birth?

I'm sure we all have Jessie's welfare at heart and would like her to have a straightforward pregnancy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
no comment
TOTALLY, and totally agree with Elaine too, poor Cat! im assuming the Tom Cat is unknown, and with a HUGE amount of luck it wont have lethal diseases to pass on to its "mate" and offspring, because usually Tom Cats that are not neutered are stray or feral, as responsible owners have their "pets" neutered!!!! Have a read!

http://www.emblehope.co.uk/cats/stop...-cat-breeding/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
04-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #26

The only advice I've got is make sure the vet knows when the kittens are going to be born and make sure he's on standby in case of emergencies

Cats owned: 3 Domestic
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
TOTALLY, and totally agree with Elaine too, poor Cat! im assuming the Tom Cat is unknown, and with a HUGE amount of luck it wont have lethal diseases to pass on to its "mate" and offspring, because usually Tom Cats that are not neutered are stray or feral, as responsible owners have their "pets" neutered!!!! Have a read!

http://www.emblehope.co.uk/cats/stop...-cat-breeding/
Thank you for your input. The tom cat is known and belongs to a neighbor of ours. I have no idea if he has any infections or diseases. But I am getting her examined tomorrow. As you will note in a previous thread.

Borderdown you are being extremely rude and I do not welcome your comments anymore.

Don't poor cats me. I am not an inconsiderate, cruel person. What do you expect of me?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #28

http://www.fabcats.org/breeders/index.php
The above gives advice on pregnant queens, disease, hand rearing etc etc etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #29

Hi jessies mum

I hope your vet visit goes well tomorrow and I'm sure your vet will give you lots of good advice about the impending kittens. Jessie really needs to be examined to make sure all is well and to maybe give you an idea of when the kittens are due.

I think, by now, you will have realised that we are all very passionate cat lovers here and always have their best interests at heart. It is always hard for people to express how strongly they feel about something in writing without sometimes sounding abrupt. If you read through the posts they all are saying the same thing which is - why, how, is she ok, what about disease, will she be done afterward etc. all to do with the welfare of the cat.

I have only experience of pups and a friends litter of kittens.

Mum will have them where she wants but you should try and give her a quiet place away from your other cats. Don't disturb too much in the first few days, make sure she eats and drinks, make sure babes look ok (wee fat tums and not crying all the time) Apart from that, usually mum will do all the work.

Good luck and please take the advice and comments on board in the spirit they were intended.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
04-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessies mum
Thank you for your input. The tom cat is known and belongs to a neighbor of ours. I have no idea if he has any infections or diseases. But I am getting her examined tomorrow. As you will note in a previous thread.

Borderdown you are being extremely rude and I do not welcome your comments anymore.

Don't poor cats me. I am not an inconsiderate, cruel person. What do you expect of me?
I expect as a responsible pet owner NOT to allow your Cat to get pregnant, especially when its a moggy and there are THOUSANDS needing homes! You have clearly stated you have NO idea what you are doing, how do you want responsible owners to react to you? Say "oh never mind" well thats just tough, you have purposely allowed your pet cat to get pregnant, you say you know who the father is, well thats not responsibly owned either is it? You have no idea whether your Cat has been infected with lethal diseases, nor whether her kittens will have been infected either, do you expect people to say "well done?"

Whether you "welcome" my comments anymore means absolutely diddly squat to me, YOU came on a public forum and expected pink and fluffy replies, well tough, some folk live in the real world and have to pick up the pieces of irresponsible people who allow pets to get pregnant and have no idea of what will even happen! Neutering is FREE, it should of been done, if you didnt want her done, YOU should of made sure she was SAFE when calling!