Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #11

Re: Tucker has lost weight

Just wanted to thank everyone for your replies and support, sorry I can't reply to you all individually but my own PC is still broke and i'm trying to do everything I usually have all day to do in a few hours at my dads. Tucker's bloods came back fine which is a relief as I was convinced it was cancer, and even better because he has put on 2lb since he was last there (thurs morn) since being iscolated and i've put him onto kitten food. Had to take in a pee sample too which was fun to get. Vet is pretty confident it is just the bullying and he is to go back in a fortnight now for a weigh in unless he shows any other signs of illness in the meantime. So now I just have to try and find out who was bullying him and why/what happened as they are still all fine together when i'm there and no signs of it, everyone will still cuddle up to him, I have let Kiara and Princess stay with him today as he was really mewing yesterday at the window when I got back bless him, a bit distressed for being on his own and I know they wouldn't be the ones causing trouble but it could be any of the other 3.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #12

Very good news about the blood results random. I am pleased that Tucker at least has nothing nasty medically wrong. It's a real shame that one of the others is bullying him. Also very glad to hear that he has put on a bit of weight - hopefully that will continue. He'll be happy with the two girls I am sure. He must have wondered what was going on, being on his own.

It's such a shame he can't tell you who has been nasty to him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #13

Excellent about the bloods and weight gain! tt really is so strange that there are no signs of the bullying while you're there to observe ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
27-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #14

So pleased his bloods are fine. Glad his weight has improved too.

Now you have to turn detective, not an easy one to solve.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #15

Good to hear his bloods are ok Random........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #16

Pleased to hear his bloods are fine, Random....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-07-2009, 08:24 AM   #17

Good news about the bloods but sad that he is being bullied. I know this can be time consuming but have you thought about keeping a little diary about their behaviours when Tucker is around and his behaviour too? As i said before some times it can be the most subtle of movements, postures that can be the tell tale signs of who the bully is.
I hope you can resolve it soon. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #18

I do hope it's not Anakin!

(although he could always come and live with me ..... )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
28-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #19

Thanks guys, I am being extra watchful and will keep you posted.

Angie I don't think it is Anakin as he's still very kittenish and playful and have never ever seen him being mean but he can pester and annoy when the mood takes him but is never nasty (that I have seen), he is generally very laid back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
29-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #20

Our Smudge is quite a nervy cat, and seems to get stressed for no reason, the boys don't need to be near her and she still grumbles, although they share the bed. I does put her off eating. I now feed the girls in the hall and the boys in the bedroom, this allows the old, stressy, slow eating girls a chance to feed. It seems to work for them and the rest of the time they all have the run of the back of the house and are left to get on with it.

If he continues to lose weight it might be worth getting his thyroid checked, this won't show up on a general blood test.