Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #1

Simon's Poorly (updated @ post 24)

Simon's being off his food for a couple of days. He isnt eating or drinking at all. He did go out yesterday which i know was far too hot for him but he escaped through the cat flap. He is very lethargic and when he is in likes sleeping on the telly if i am not there. I was talking to a neighbour and she said who is that skinny cat and couldnt believe it was simon. In my heart of hearts i know there is something wrong its like at new year when he was poorly but not as bad. I now thinking what have i done wrong could have i prevented it. With us just getting the 2 abandoned female cats i was wondering could he be jealous but he doesnt go near them and i treat them all equally as well. They all eat out of seperate dishes which are washed up the moment they have finished eating so he cant have got anything from that either. He is my baby boy and follows me around and i dont know what i would do if they couldnt help him. My appointment is at the vets at 4.15 today i have a pet taxi picking me up

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: black and white Moggie
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #2

Re: Simon's Poorly (updated @ post 24)

Hope Simon is ok.. sending lots of postive thoughts and hugs(())) xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #3

All the very best wishes and get well vibes for Simon. Hope his appointment goes well Jane.

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #4

The pet taxi could only take the owner in so Mandy went as i am the owner but not on there books. I told her not to do anything unless i am there. I need to be with him he has never been to the vets without me i am so scared he isnt coming back.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
03-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #5

Ohhhh Kado, I do hope that everything goes OK at the vets and that it is nothing to serious that can`t be sorted out, sending you lots of get well wishes for Simon and big ((HUGS)) for you, try not to worry to much and do let us know how you get on x.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

Fingers crossed that it's not serious and that the vet will be able to sort him out, poor boy. You must be a nervous wreck now; do please let us know the results.. Sending good vibes, Jane .....

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #7

He is back. He saw the vet that likes him and know's him the most. She said he has lost a lot of weight. He has temperature and was given 2 strong AB injections. She said he will sleep he isnt dehidrated at all. His bladder is ok. He is not allowed out at all. He has a virus. He goes back on monday afternoon. It is down on his records if we feel he is not ok that i have to bring him in straight away. He has fallen asleep on a pile of letters on the kitchen side.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #8

Poor Simon, hope he feels better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #9

Awwwww poor Simon I do hope he picks up soon and that his virus clears quickly.

Catsey Veteran

03-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #10

He is fast asleep now on the tv. Just read the bill. He was given 0.60mls Amos La and 0.50mls Carprofen. His temperature was 40.00degC (104.00 degf). Has any info on this.