Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
20-05-2009, 04:19 AM   #21

Re: Finally a picture of them together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What do you do with George and Harri when you are not at home?
Cait will be staying home and looking after George and Harri...plus going to Uni...plus ballet... Plus being a good girl!
Although when we travel with her I have a lady that comes in twice a day to to feed, do the tray etc... she stays for an hour each time...and will open/close blinds etc... and generally make the house look lived in... she just LOVES visiting and i often see her even when we are not on holidays!.. She leaves me a written report that details each of her visits and what the boys got up to during them... plus she sends them little presents at christmas.. she met Harri for the first time the other day when she called around to have a coffee... she is a God send!

Almost a Veteran Member

20-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Jo - yet another report of a potential heatwave for us this summer. I'll believe it when I see it and certainly don't envy you those temps you quoted, particularly the night time ones.
Has the Chillow hit Oz? I recommend it!

What a great product.... never heard them...but they would be wonderful if they are as good as they sound... i might have to pic some up when we are over

Almost a Veteran Member

20-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
George is gorgeous!! And I love the way her Ladyship has her paw draped over her face. Had to laugh at your caution about turning the camera on BEFORE to avoid alerting the subject ...I had to do that with two of mine: Patches the tortie, and beautiful black Onyx my outdoor cat. Both hated the camera and fled if they heard the musical chime it makes when turned on!

When are you coming to the UK, and I too wonder who'll look after the cats while you're gone.

Oh, and more pics please!!

Leaving Aust on August 10 spending a few days in Bangkok... (really looking forward to that.. going to the Tiger Temple.. so i will have some pics of REALLY BIG pussy cats!!)Arrive in London on Aug 14 and will spend the next weeks until Sept 28 around Europe and the Med with a couple of returns to the UK before we fly home via the USA.. eventually arriving home on Oct 14

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #24

Corks! you don't do "holidaying" by halves!!!

Great that you have your daughter and a wonderful lady looking after George and Harri. Do you do a blog on your travels?

Almost a Veteran Member

20-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #25

I haven't in the past... but last year we spent 4 months out of the country...(4 weeks away with David and Cait,.. then home for 5 weeks and then David and I away by ourselves for 13 weeks) and people were like... "do a blog" but i didn't organise it bbeofre i left so i just sent blanket emails to everyone who wanted to keep up with what we were doing... since then i have a [Sys edit: Contains pet forums] page so i will probably post status updates on that whilst we are away..
We have finally got Davids father on the internet... at 86 years old he decided that he was missing out by not having it so we will be sending him updates all the time as well as keeping in contact with cait... so it's really no bother to send out a few emails

as for not doing holidays by halves... everyone says that about aussies...lol... when it take 23 hours to fly from Melbourne to London... you really have to go away for a decent amount of time to make the long hail flight worthwhile!

Almost a Veteran Member

21-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
What a lovely picture of them both ..........George looks huge compared to Her Ladyship..
They both look so relaxed there...

thought i'd update this... as of today he started his diet... as his IS HUGE... 7 kgs to be exact... went and bought the Hills R/D.. the goal is to get him down to 6 kg and then once he's achieved that... change his food amount again in an attempt to get him down to 5 kg

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #27

Gorgeous pic, I want them both.