Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM   #1

newsletter item about ........

me. The editor of the newsletter for my CP branch has asked me if I would write an article about myself for the newsletter. How I became involved with CP, some of the cats I've fostered. All about my work with Guide Dogs & how I became involved with Guide dogs. She asked me a while ago & I said I'd do it. I need to get on with it now as she wants it for the next edition. -- Not sure how to go about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #2

Re: newsletter item about ........

How lovely Smudgley. They must really value you and your contributions to CP. Lovely to be appreciated and recognised for the work you do

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
How lovely Smudgley. They must really value you and your contributions to CP. Lovely to be appreciated and recognised for the work you do
Yes fran it is nice. It was the PR guy who first asked me about it, when he came to do some cat photos & we had pups here, we got chatting & he said what a lovely job I had & maybe it would be an idea for the newsletter,I didn't think any more of it until the editor contacted me about it before Christmas, I said I'd do it, but she said there's no hurry as the Christmas one was done, now she's contacted me again asking if I can do it over the next couple of weeks.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #4

That's lovely Smudgley......you'll have to try and post a copy on here when it's completed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #5

That's great . . . I'd love to read that! Is it for your local CP mag or for the main Cat Magazine CP produce?

If you need any advice or proofreading just ask . . . I'd love to help alternatively ask you PR guy to give you a hand - if he's doing PR he should be able to structure an article!!

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
That's great . . . I'd love to read that! Is it for your local CP mag or for the main Cat Magazine CP produce?

If you need any advice or proofreading just ask . . . I'd love to help alternatively ask you PR guy to give you a hand - if he's doing PR he should be able to structure an article!!
It's only for the local branch newsletter. Thanks for the offer of help Yola. I'll have a go at doing it tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola

Was going to suggest the same Yola.
Smudgely, if you get stuck just list down facts and let the 'professional' get on with it; writing articles is not a skill that everyone has and it would be a shame if you don't get the recognition you should because an article isn't as good as it should be.