Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #1

Not been on as

I was feeling quite down. then I hurt my back at a funeral on thursday. Miss judged a step! Ouch.
anyway feeling a bit better today. been really busy though. re homed 4 dogs yesterday afternoon. Had to get oh to drive me as I couldnt manage it and he did! He even too me out for a meal afterwards. Think he's running scared.
I'm veiwing a house on Thursday (which he doesnt know about)
My son is home just now but leaves for Iraq at 4 am tomorrow.

someone smashed a glass in the back garden and left it. Blue stood on it and took a slice out his paw pad. the vet dressed it and gave him a painkiller injection. I took the dressing off today, it's infected! the vet said it will take between 6 and 8 weeks to heal.

So that's been me these last few days.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #2

Re: Not been on as

Jac! Glad you're feeling a bit better today, was wondering if you were alright

I'd like to send good wishes to your son, Jac and pray for his safety in Iraq when he leaves tomorrow...

Poor Blue, no-one bothers to think that the poor animals have no protection on their feet when they go smashing glass around......I hope it begins to heal soon Jac.

All the best for the house viewing on Thursday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #3

Hope the house hunting goes well Jac. And am sorry to hear about Blue's accident. People should think more shouldnt they? You have a lot to worry about at the moment it seems. Wishing your son a safe return.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #4

Thanks Mags, I'm quite exited about the house.

I passed on your good wishes to Sean and he said thank you.

Blue will get some anti biotics tomorrow, I asked who it was but mister nobody's been visiting our house again!

Thank you too Donna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #5

Jac - was a bit worried about where you'd got too. Sorry you've been feeling down I hope the house viewing goes well and that it's the place for you. How quickly do you think you'll be able to move if it's the right house?

I get really worried when I see broken glass/bottles. It's a familiar sight here on a Saturday morning. I often worry about all the stray cats out there I hope Blue's paw heals up quickly - poor babe.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 04:24 PM   #6

If I decide to take this house I can get the keys and move in on the 18/19th of this month. They were wanting a deposit of £850 but because I said I have a dog they have doubled it and stuck a months rent on too! bit angry about that. I have to find ALOT of money.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #7

Oh Jac...it never rains but it pours Hopefully this house will be everything you want and that it will be the start of a changed period for you when everything will start to go right again. Poor Blue. Hope he is feeling better soon x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM   #8

I hope this house is what you're looking for - thats shocking that they are asking for so much more money just because you have a dog though.

My thoughts are with your son as well as he prepares to go to Iraq xxx

I really do hope this year is good for you - and give Blue a big hug from me - same thing happened to one of my cats Mencius and he actually had to get a large part of his pad cut off because of it - people never think about animals when they smash glass - hope he gets better soon.

Catsey Junior

08-01-2006, 05:05 PM   #9

Jac I think it's shocking that they are asking so much for a deposit. Edinburgh is a renters market could you not find another house to rent that require less.

I wish your son well in Iraq.

Hugs.