Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #1

Smudgley

Smudgley did the man phone back about homing one of the cats?

And do you find that many people phone then dont come and do you homecheck someone before letting them view cats and another question do they fill in a form saying what sort of cat they want ie elderly, kitten, tom?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
08-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #2

Re: Smudgley

He hasn't called me back yet

What happens is, we have a phone line for cats to be rehomed / people wanting to adopt a cat. One lady - "L" manages all the calls & co-ordinates what comes in & which fosterer they go to and also talks to people who want to adopt a cat. She gets an idea of their circumstances & what they are looking for then puts them in touch with the relevant person who may have a suitable cat. (ie me) so I get a call & we discuss the cat/s in question, then arrange for them to view. They come, if they want the cat/s I reserve it for them. (pending a home check) I give "L" a call to sort out the home check & whilst that's being done I get the cat vaccinated & microchipped & ready to go. We don't homecheck before anyone has chosen a cat as it would be sometimes time wasted.

I've had people come & view the cats & decide not to have one (only once or twice) & once I had a lady really mess me about, she came to view an adult - when she got here, I had some kittens, but some other people were here viewing them, she went away saying she only wanted a kitten. After the other people had decided, there was one kitten left, so I phoned & told her & she said she's come back & have a look at the kitten, she didn't come & we never heard from her again!
One lady had a kitten & brought it back after 2 days, she wanted another but I told her no.

But most people are genuine & polite & usually see a cat & say yes straight away. I'm not offended if people say no, it's just whatever takes your fancy.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #3

Yes thinking about it; it would be a waste of time homechecking before they find a cat they want

I imagine some people are just always a little dippy and unthinking.

And I can see why people would fall for a cat immediately, some would take your fancy others would not be for you.

My trouble is all of a sudden I see "cats needing love" everywhere I turn today I popped into the vets to get an appointment for Cleo's cyst as I missed my one today - went out last night and overslept this morning
And a man from Ward End cat rescue - local cat rescue had a cat with him to see the vet - who had, had an eye removed due to damage to the eye being left untreated before he came into the rescue.

See the more I look at it the more I think maybe a kitten would not be for me in time and a "older cat who was overlooked in rescue would be the one or two for me.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Yes thinking about it; it would be a waste of time homechecking before they find a cat they want

I imagine some people are just always a little dippy and unthinking.

And I can see why people would fall for a cat immediately, some would take your fancy others would not be for you.

My trouble is all of a sudden I see "cats needing love" everywhere I turn today I popped into the vets to get an appointment for Cleo's cyst as I missed my one today - went out last night and overslept this morning
And a man from Ward End cat rescue - local cat rescue had a cat with him to see the vet - who had, had an eye removed due to damage to the eye being left untreated before he came into the rescue.

See the more I look at it the more I think maybe a kitten would not be for me in time and a "older cat who was overlooked in rescue would be the one or two for me.

Karen
I agree whole heartedly with you Kazz, one or two cats that I have heard about recently in rescue centres have captured my emotions and I desperately want to bring them home but I know Matilda and Sylvester would not accept adult cats.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #5

When are you going to see the kitten? Fran???????????

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
08-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #6

Quote:
It's over 11 years ago now, and I love my Snowy. But I still haven't forgiven my ex-husband for not letting me take home the first cat that took my fancy that day just because she had six toes - she was lovely. I still think about her and hope she found her forever home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #7

Quote:
When are you going to see the kitten? Fran???????????
Monday Kazz...at 1pm

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #8

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Exciting