Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
15-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #1

Please let things settle down in February!

We have a rabbit in tomorrow for a dental, we are concerned as she is prone to abscesses, and they are much harder to treat compared to cats.
Misty, our 19 and half year old cat is in for x-rays on Tuesday, to have her heart and lungs checked. She has lost some weight and has been lethargic (even for her) and has already had bloods taken which have shown nothing.
Mike's dad's funeral is on Thursday, and we have spent the last few days, and tomorrow trying to get things arranged. I don't think it has really sunk it with Mike yet.
The New Year has come and gone for us whithout being noticed, so I am now going to try and class 1/2/09 as our New Year and plan for it.

Liz, thanks for the offer of a coffee, it sounds really nice, perhaps we could meet up with Elaine and anybody else in the area in Feb some time, how does that sound to you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #2

Re: Please let things settle down in February!

Hoping February is good for you Farthing.....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #3

Definitely hope things will start looking up for you ....... (((hugs)))!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #4

Sounds like you've had a rough time Farthing, hope things improve for you after this month..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
16-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #5

Hope all goes well at the vet today I am in at 10am with Jazz for a checkup on her ear abcess - we to planned a quiet january and I have been at the vet 3 times and we have 6 going next Sat - the planned appointment for Boosters and Program!

meet up sounds good just let me know when and where and I will be there

Hope the funeral goes well and that it goes to plan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #6

All my very best to bunny and Misty xxx
I do hope that things begon to settle down for you soon xxx
Coffee sounds great. Would love to meet you.
Got one or two house sits on in Feb and possibly the greyhounds again too.
Better get my ass into gear, got alot on today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #7

Farthing it does sound like 2009 has had a rotten start. I do hope that once Mike's Dad is laid to rest that you and Mike and slowly regain some sense of normality. Mike will probably be numb for some time - you just need to quietly be there for him when the reality does hit home.

Love and thoughts with you both and hoping the rest of 2009 makes up for a rotten start.

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #8

Thanks everybody, sorry I don't mean to sound such a misery but I am just so tired.
Anyway, some good news, Jess the bunny came through her op, she was a bit sleepy yesterday, and wasn't eating much, which isn't good for a rabbit, you feed them right up until the op and try to get them eating ASAP after. However, I was given home some metochloramide to get her gut going and she ate her food last night and is passing droppings today ( again a bad sign if a rabbit doesn't pooh).
I 've kept her in the house yesterday and today, but she can go out and join her friends again tomorrow. She is a bit unfortunate really, as she has one eye and no front teeth, but her friends love her.
Jess

and with her friends, Snowy and Jessica,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #9

Aw they are all so cute, pleased to hear she is doing well.
You're not a misery guts, it's perfectly understandable that you would feel tired etc as you do sooo much.
Just so as you know, I have been trying to get hold of Dawn about the toxoplasmosis thing but cannt get hold of her but as soon as i do hear from her, I'll let you know. xxx
How is puss?

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #10

Thanks Elaine, Mustard seems to be doing OK. I think he is a bit better on the steroids, although he is still rigid when I hold him to give him the tablet, I worry he is going to fit, but it hasn't happened yet.
The second lot of blood samples came back and they were the same as the first, which means he has been exposed to toxoplasmosis at some point, but not conclusive it has been now, however the labs said if he was showing clinical signs he has more than likely had it.

I also had Candy back into the vet, and they now think she probably has IBD because she is also losing hair, which apparently points towards an allergy. There is the option of a biopsy, but all it will do is confirm she if she has a diffuse tumour. Although I usually prefer to know what is going on, as there would be nothing we could do for her if this was the case, I think I've decided not to take that route, she is 13 and if we can't treat it what is the point.
She hasn't been sick since being on the zantac/antepsin and seems brighter, I would just like to get more weight on her with a good quality food, but she seems to prefer Tescos premium. Tried her with hills sensitivity, fish, burns, she picks a bit and goes back to the old cat food. Will just have to keep hunting., as I would like to get her on something without too many additives and that will encourage her appetite.