Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #1

Sunday thread~ light lilac-grey

The dour mist and gloom has lifted and the dawn came up rose pink this morning but now the sky has turned paler and has a fresher feel to it.

Haven't ventured outside so can't tell if it's colder than yesterday, I'm sticking to my radiators all day

This cold is hanging around me, my voice sounds an octave deeper ( very sexy ) but it's bearable.

Hope all Catsey members did well in the colourpoint cat club show yesterday. Posh has sticky eyes and not at her best so we withdrew but hope to make another show in April.

Catch you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #2

Re: Sunday thread~ light lilac-grey

Morning, wet, dull and cold here.
Gotta catch up with all the domestic stuff today, cleaning, shopping, washing etc
Really cannt be bothered but must get myself motivated.
Have a good day every one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
11-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #3

Bore da!
Very grey and overcast here with a very strong wind, Kindly almost took off when we went out earlier!
The practice alarm went off at 3am so I was brave and went down to check it out (and turn the flipping noise off!)
Didn't have to fight any intruders off luckily.
My voice is gradually coming back although I still look a bit like a hamster with my swollen glands, living on ice lollies and soup.
Sorry Posh missed out on the show PP, we had a similar thing with the show we entered Imogen in, still hoping to give it another go. Hope she's feeling herself again soon.
Have a good day all, keep warm
Lx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #4

Its dark grey, pouring with rain and its miserable. Bring back the frost

Toilet training Poppy has been a roaring success and day 3 she was dry. Fantastic. Was so pleased.

Just come back from Sainsburys and cooking roast pork dinner for my parents tonight with Belgian chocolate bread and butter pudding and cream. I shall have a SW alternative!!

Shall have to brave the weather later to take Bess for a walk to tire her out or else my coffee table will suffer for it tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #5

[quote=Natalie;531660]

Just come back from Sainsburys and cooking roast pork dinner for my parents tonight with Belgian chocolate bread and butter pudding and cream. I shall have a SW alternative!!

Oh Nat I admire your willpower I'm salivating at the thought of B&B pudding

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #6

It's a milder day today, after initially waking up to frost everywhere. It meant the stables were incredibly muddy but at least Domi could have his lesson.

Stopped off at Waitrose on the way back and got some lovely beef for dinner tonight. I shall enjoy that . . . after I've done the mountain of ironing +---------------------555556 (that was Myshka) that awaits me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #7

Nice'sh day here very windy though....but nice. Took Sal out and put the dinner on having roast chicken. About to make a few CP neuturing calls people I have been unable to get back in contact with in the last few days.

Will be around a little while. Also had a look at Cornwall and seeing wha to see and do when I go there in March....King Harry Ferry and Tingael gardens and want to visit Truro Cathedral, and take a trip on the pleasure boats that go up and down the River Fal. The maritime museum looks good too. Will have to go and look/visit the stone circles/stones and castles too.

Maye find King Arthurs camelot

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #8

Supposed to be sunny, windy and cold...the sun didn't listen to the forecast however, grey and overcast, but at least it's just above freezing. Did the market run, and they were out of fresh spinach, to my annoyance...wanted it to go with the broiled swordfish tonight, will have to settle for curried cauliflower. No signs of the mouse; must have, like Elvis, left the building! Or Leia may have stashed it away as she sometimes does, only to have the mummified corpse reappear much later...

Hope the poorly people and pusses start feeling better; stay warm, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
11-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #9

Hi all - being blown about today. V wet and VV windy. New compost bins ended up at the othe end of the garden as they had been left in drive while I pondered where to put them.

Walk with Cali was quick going and slow back due to wind direction (wonder if I can count that as extra exercise?)

Cats are snuggled up on the radiator bed and have only moved for necessaries.

Having a roast tonight and making big pot of soup.

DM curried cauli sounds lovely. I really would like to try that. Can I ask how you make it?

Have a great rest of day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
Hi all - being blown about today. V wet and VV windy. New compost bins ended up at the othe end of the garden as they had been left in drive while I pondered where to put them.

Walk with Cali was quick going and slow back due to wind direction (wonder if I can count that as extra exercise?)

Cats are snuggled up on the radiator bed and have only moved for necessaries.

Having a roast tonight and making big pot of soup.

DM curried cauli sounds lovely. I really would like to try that. Can I ask how you make it?

Have a great rest of day peeps.
Nothing fancy at all. I mix some curry powder (Madras Hot) with some freshly ground pepper, a hunk of butter, a little milk and some of the hot water from the pot to make a thin sauce and just drizzle it over the florets. You could probably thicken it with some flour if you didn't like it runny ....