Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1

Daily thread - pale yellow Friday

Good morning. Bright but breath-catchingly cold here. Imagine looking forward to the forecast high winds and rain and 8C forecast for Sunday!
Farmers' Market today but I'm afraid I'll not be supporting them - still have a lot of stuff in the freezer from last month. That's most unlike me but I suppose we just get out of routine in late December/early January and our eating patterns are disrupted.
There is no news here. OH has gone to Bath for a meeting. I contemplated going and mooching round the shops but the thick coating of frost made me decide to stay.
TGIF everyone, and 9th January .. we'll soon be through my least favourite month.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - pale yellow Friday

Pale yellow? Afraid to say it's not a favourite of mine, I know it sound silly but I think it's because as a child I didn't like any lemon flavoured sweets in skittles, chewits etc. so I've always been adverse to yellow And in clothes, the colour just does NOT go with my complexion!

Anyway, it's a bit milder again here today, but the heating in the office was broken AGAIN when I came in. I'm the only person in today too, but thankfully it's being fixed as we speak. A lack of heat can really put a damper on the mood! But it's Friday, hurrah! Taking OH out for dinner tomorrow night then a few drinks, maybe a movie on Sunday.

I am absolutely aching after my gym session the past few nights. I feel like I should look like a Greek athlete by now I can almost feel every sinew, especially in my thighs and gluts. We'll see what the scales and measurements have to say on Sunday evening about that, although going out for a big Italian dinner Saturday night might take me back a few spaces but it's only OH's dinner once. And I'll skip on pudding!

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #3

Lol at Meep, (I hate slices of lemons in my drinks, I go mad if theres one in ! It tastes minging and you get loads of bits!)

Good morning. My day off today and I have to go into work coz im meeting my boss, Might be gettin a few hours more work!

My throats alot better coz im on antibiotics, but now ive gone quite deaf... in both ears!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #4

Janey, I'm exactly the same! I always do the unlady-like thing of fishing them out. And with lime. If you take a while drinking the water, by the time you get to the bottom of the glass it tastes of pure citrus acid

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
09-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #5

I'm home in my sick bed today with the dreaded tonsilitis, I've been feeling ill all week but yesterday my throat closed up completely so I gave in and went to the doctor
Dosed up on AB's and fluids and hoping for a speedy recovery as I'm due to be going to London to meet up with friends this weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #6

good day all. ive been positivly buzzing today. hooverd/polished/washed n wiped up/ made bed.
bathed n hair washed. got the dentist later just for a checkup. want them to refere me to a dental hospital. need sedation and want new teef made.
oh well have a really good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #7

Well a nice day here I had to pop into work this morning and just got back on the way out brought some summer flowering plants, as you do a nice wall mounted bird bath a pressure washer (old one died) and some bird food. Back now having acon sarnie then off to take Sal a good hike before returning to maybe have a go at the back garden nice fresh day and the first chance I've had to tidy up its a mess.

Noticed some bulbs coming through so Spring will be here before you know it DM

May post a bit before going out while eating my bacon sarnie.

Have a good day all Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #8

A home day today. Just been into town for a bit of a splurge . . . got some lovely heeled lace up brogues from Office with rounded toes that make my feet look tiny, a very beautiful, patent leather vivid green Mulberry purse (heavilly reduced) and some more Dr Hauschka bits. Thanks for that intro to DrH by the way, meep . . . I'm totally sold on them, they have made such a difference to my skin

Took Sebi to the docs as he as a lump behind his knee. Doc says probably a cyst and as it's not causing him any discomfort we're just to keep an eye on it.

Just had lunch and have been shopping online . . . I'll post a pic of what I've bought shortly . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #9

Afternoon all. beautiful here today after a hard frost, just trying to find a car to hire at a reasonable price....Mums got gout so between my back and her foot we are a right pair....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about poorliness PL and Janey83. Also sorry about your back (any better?) and your mum's gout Moli. I had a boss (female) once who had gout - I think she had to have a restricted diet for quite a while to get rid of it.

Pale yellow is not my colour either, although it has made me think of primroses, and it won't be very long before we see those flowering again. Have to say that I love a slice of lemon in my g&t and used to fish it out to eat it! I loved to watch my uncle screwing up his face and making "oh how can you" noises!

We start redecorating my office/study next Monday - the last room in the house in this round of redecoration. There is a possibility that I may not be able to get on line next Monday or Tuesday - so I ask your permissions and pardons in advance.

So looking forward to having everything done. Then it will just be getting some new curtains and bits and bobs that don't cause major disruptions.

Hope you enjoy your Italian meal meep - I love Italian food - wish I was coming along too!