Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Silver-grey Thursday

Good morning

Well it's not nearly as cold as it has been this past week, looks like we've had some rain overnight.......unless it's the frost finally leaving the ground.

Have a supermarket run this morning and some cupboard tidying to do........ not forgetting some ironing.

I've noticed lots of bulbs beginning to show through in the garden, I'm always amazed how they survive these frosty days when the ground is rock hard ........ the thought of Spring bulbs waking up always cheers me up

Thinking of you and Tigger, Tink....

Have a lovely day everyone...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Thursday

Hello Mags - you haven't chosen a colour for today! Can I suggest silver-gry?
Yes, much less cold (I nearly put warmer but I think that might be going too far) here too. It's quite a relief isn't it?
No news here. Nearly time to muffle up and get out with my hound. Back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
08-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #3

morning all. after a rubbish nights sleep and 2 two hooligans waking me up to be let out, (normally i just open the window and they come n go as they please.) but sorry too cold for that.
i finally dragged my sorry bits out of bed just after 9. so fed the critters. and myself. and im STILL not remotely ready to go out lol. back aches today so topped up extra painkillers so waiting for them to kick in. then ill go n get sorted out. and brave asdas. luckily its not far from here, so i take a pull along trolly and load up there,. amazily the funky trollys are very popular now. (phew for that)
have a good day all.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #4

Morning all! It's actually sunny here today! So it feels like a pastel blue day here (that is quite spring-like, but compared to the weather and oppresive blanket-white skies we've had for over a week, blue skies and sun almost makes it feel like spring in comparison!)

I'm feeling a lot chirpier today. Perhaps slightly over-exerted myself in the gym yesterday, doing two exercise classes in a row; getting out of bed was a struggle as I think my body was physically exhausted as well as aching muscles. But now the heating is working again, the sun is out, and it's almost the weekend!

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #5

Good morning! Despite havign a bit of a cold and sore throat I'm feeling quite chirpy today The boys are back at school and I can finally start getting a routine back in order. I have heaps of things to sort out - both work and home-wise, and we are carrying out an interview at 11 for a junior for our project management team. This should streamline things nicely here.

D'ya know BM, I was only saying to OH that I am considering getting a pull-along shopping basket, (my Mum had one when I was young and I absolutely hated it and was SO embarassed when she used it). Now Sebi rarely uses his pushchair when we go into town I can't hold onto him and carry bags too . . . will have to see if Gucci or Prada do one . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #6

YOLA! Gucci or Prada????

(My mum had a tartan one and it was named Algernon!)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Hello Mags - you haven't chosen a colour for today! Can I suggest silver-gry?
Taken up your suggestion DM!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #8

And you've spelt it right too Mags!
I've changed to Firefox after the IE scare recently, and it gives me a tiny font in the dialogue box (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) I really ought to discipline myself to preview everything

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #9

The sun is out!!! After 2 days of cold steady rain, what a lift to the spirits! And not bitterly cold, 2 degrees now. To the Safeway for stuff Whole Foods doesn't carry...Leia grumbling again about wanting her Fancy Feast Shredded Chicken! Re pull-along carts...used one all my life until the 14 block walk uphill got to be a bit much for me and I switched to home delivery for the heavy things. Just use a tote bag for light loads like today. Exciting day, wasn't it, No news here.

Yola: still laughing at Gucci or Prada!

Glad your weather seems to be improving, may it last thru the weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #10

Wotcha! got here at last been out all day first off in college then at a friends. Much less cold today and yes a lovely tinge of blue in the sky; opaline blue? must get a Dulux colour chart .

Loved the story of Algernon, the happy shopper.
Glad someone else gives inanimate objects names, too!