Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #11

Re: Cat sat nav!! (GPS tracker)

It's a brilliant idea! Yes, it's pricey but as everyone says, a small price to pay in reality when you factor in all potential costs for a lost pet and the associated heartache.

As for kids?? Hmmmm not sure if I'd embed a satnav chip in my boys. The risk of abduction is so small that I would rather they learnt responsibly how to react to 'stranger danger' instead of relying on technology.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short haired
chriswt is Male
31-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
It's a brilliant idea! Yes, it's pricey but as everyone says, a small price to pay in reality when you factor in all potential costs for a lost pet and the associated heartache.

As for kids?? Hmmmm not sure if I'd embed a satnav chip in my boys. The risk of abduction is so small that I would rather they learnt responsibly how to react to 'stranger danger' instead of relying on technology.
Yes the kid thing might be a step too far although giving the young kids a wrist band to wear when you're on holiday on the beach or at an adventure playground/park/type thingy might catch on!!!....then again I guess you should always have an eye on them anway.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
31-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenlouise
Mine don't want to go out. At the moment they are all sat in here with me I have all three windows wide open and they are not interested.

I am like Meep though very careful a window is never left open if I am not here and every window in the house has a not on it saying house cats live here please keep the windows shut and on my doors and on my toilet systems lol. I am crazy I think guests must come round and think OMG she is a nutter lol.

Our windows have quite a good design where they lock so far out, but I've known cats to be able to squeeze into a tight spot so I'm always wary not to leave them too far ajar unless I'm in the room.

As for the front door, I generally need to slightly peek the door open, strick my foot through and shuffle in so my legs barricade the way. They must hear us coming and are always waiting at the other side, sometimes as I approach the door it starts to shake! and once I stood outside it saying goodbye to a friend, with it ever so slightly ajar and me holding onto it, and all I saw was this little paw peep through the crack, hold on, and start pulling! (pretty hard I must say too!) We've gotten into the habit now of doing that, but guests do think it's a bit strange when they show up and I open the door quickly and pull them in and slam it shut before the cats notice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #14

Go for it, Chris. The peace of mind alone would be worth it to me if my girl was an outside cat......