Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #1

Is character related to colour?

Based on a couple of posts and replies in Fran's thread about Bliss - I just wondered is a cats character related to it's colour?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
15-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #2

Re: Is character related to colour?

I think so, at least in some part. Ginger cats are very naughty, I have had 3 now and all are very naughty, lovely by naughty. Fran says torties are too, I have never had a tortie, so cant comment on them.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #3

I replied in the other thread: to re-cap, my only ginger was a very sweet natured gentle cat, and my brindled tortie was also...neither was the least bit naughty; both my Aby and Pura boys were ! Quite naughty!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
16-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #4

i guess it can be generalised somewhat.

my parents have 6 black cats, and 4 of them are very laid back and cuddly. the other 2 we mistreated in their previous home, so im not sure their personality counts!

they have a big ginger boy, who is very cuddly but deffo naughty.

they have a tortie girl who is a little devil! she doesnt like anyone,lol. but that might be cos shes female! lol.

we had a female tabby when i was little who only liked me. she was a b*tch,lol.

my parents have always gone for black cats as they believe that they are the most docile, but i think it depends hugely on the cat as well.

keanu is white with brown spots... so god knows what im going to get from him! lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
16-03-2007, 11:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Based on a couple of posts and replies in Fran's thread about Bliss - I just wondered is a cats character related to it's colour?

Karen
I don't think so.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #6

I have a black and white who is a psycho!!!

A tabby who is quite chilled and laid back

And Miss Teddie who is cream and I still have no idea what her temperament is really like, but I'm beginning to suspect that's she's gonna be a handful!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #7

I definitely think there is something in the 'naughty tortie' saying. All the torties I have had have been rather dominant personalities. The greys seem to have a different temperament too. I've had 4 greys over the years and they are just so friendly and relaxed but very confident when meeting strangers and other animals and very accepting of newbies. I do think that it's hard to generalise and I think that breed even in moggiesplays a part too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
16-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #8

I think it much depends on the personality of the individual cat, but I have to say that I have come across a few "naughty torties"!!!

I did have a ginger cat as a child and she was a terror and quite agressive at times, but then Leo (my dad's ginger cat) is the biggest, softest boy you could wish for!!!

It's a bit like saying that all blondes are dumb...........we aren't..........honest!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #9

I don't think so.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 Good 'ol Moggies =)
16-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #10

ah! norty tortie syndrome! a sydrome well known in the veterinary profession!
I'm sure its coincedental but I find 9 out of 10 tortie and white are very naughty and hard to handle, that includes cats my mom has had too. I find though the dark torties are very sweet and I've never met a nasty ginger boy, ginger girls are a handful. Blue cats can be grumpy. We laugh as nurses as we are more warey of orange torties and blues although we shouldnt be but they tend to be the worst behaved