Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
08-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #21

Re: The Beautiful Bella.

Aye,your all quite right..she is expecting.
Unexpected shall we say. Personal circumstances had proceeded the important of getting her speyed tbf, and hang me now for sounding as irresponsible as that but it is true. And she did slip out, and she did, unfortunatley, get caught by a looming big grey romeo who had been hanging around for a while.
Presumed to be between 7.5-8.5 weeks gone, so getting close. I think four or five babies. Very noticeable and active bumps now. Surplus number of homes found already so that is one thing that makes things a little easier, & Bella shall be speyed as soon as she has had the kittens and her milk has dried up.

On a more serious note, I had declined from posting anything on the boards and keeping it between select people due to the public hanging many have received. If anyone has anything to say on this matter, take it to Pm please..not my threads. And I would advise anyone thinking of offering a lecture on speying, or responsibility or what should or could have been done via pm to reconsider as my response will not show that your message has been well received, to be brutally honest.
We were offered the option to abort, we saw it too far along and it was due to our fault they were conceived and 'in this world', they didn't ask to be here..so shouldn't be robbed of the life they are about to begin just because we can't be doing with picking up the pieces of something that is down to our faults, if people choose to abort then that is down to them..we however did not see it as an option.
Bella is in good health and coping well with the pregnancy. Everything is ready for the babies now. Once they are, hopefully, safely here..they will stay till old enough and then, bar one who will stay with us, go off too the homes that are lined up to live happy lives.
I shall keep you all updated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #22

What's done is done Luke, your priority now is Bella and the safe arrival of her babies and your responsibility to get her speyed as soon as possible afterwards.

We'll all be waiting for news Luke, do keep us posted. Perhaps you might like to start her one thread in the 'your Cat's Pages' section where you can add all the updates, piccies as you have them?

Sounds like you are all ready and prepared for the imminent new arrivals but if you need any help/advice just shout

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #23

In an ideal world "accidents" wouldnt happen and this is far from an ideal world.
To be honest I dont think anyone has the right to judge anyone.
I also think it's sad that you felt you couldn't tell us before now Luke. Surley Catsey hasn't come to that?
As Fran said start another thread when your babies get here. Looking forward to seeing them and I hope all goes well.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #24

congratulations to both you and bella im sure she will be just fine and make a perfect mother.i must say it was the most wonderful feeling when daisy decided she wanted me there for the whole one the birth its something i have never experienced and prob never will again.in the 26 years ive owned cats this is the first time i have had the privilege and it was amazing something i will remember forever. like i said at the beginning luke im sure bella will make i fine mother and i hope evrything goes smoothly for you both

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #25

Accidents happen, I too am sorry that you were reluctant to post anything earlier. No one here is perfect, and who am I to cast stones? Just keep us posted about Bella and the kittens when they come....oooh, more Catsey kittens! (((hugs))), Luke...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #26

Cannot add anymore than has already been said Luke, these things happen.. Sounds like you have it all organised and are well prepeared for the kittens, keep us posted....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #27

You sound like you are responsibly dealing with it anyway Luke. You are looking after Bella and have homes for the arrivals. You will enjoy the experience and everything happens for a reason. Stop beating yourself up with such a large stick. Just show us some pics as and when please

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #28

Well, I am deeply saddened and angered by this news.
It only shows me that people ARE irresponsible and have NO understanding or appreciation of the enormity of the problems of over population.
Every day I read about and talk with people concerned with rescue and rehoming and the constant struggle both financially and emotionally.
For each kitten born an older cat dies as it cannot be rehomed.
There are NO excuses!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #29

I have to say I am in total agreement with Elaine on this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
08-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #30

I'm not one to judge as Lily had her own little accident, albeit that the circumstances were different.

Best of luck with Bella and the new arrivals, Luke. Keep us updated and def with pics!!

Closed Thread