Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #11

Re: Is there anything I have missed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Yeah, vet bed is great cause you can boil wash it and dries quickly... I have some for my cats...but at £45 for a tiny square...
Really? I paid £3.50 for mine, but I notice that there is some on ebay (in the dog section) for £3.25 plus postage. There are probably other options too if you look online.

I have it in one of the cat beds (of the 4 bed that there is in the flat only 1 is not machine washable so it is in that).

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcspik
Really? I paid £3.50 for mine, but I notice that there is some on ebay (in the dog section) for £3.25 plus postage. There are probably other options too if you look online.

I have it in one of the cat beds (of the 4 bed that there is in the flat only 1 is not machine washable so it is in that).
Hi again, yes the thick green backed, white fluffy on other side??? I got mine from a vet supplies site... its practically undestructable and £45 a half meter... Maybe ebay is selling inferior version of it, cos you shld be able to boil wash it....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
09-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
Hi again, yes the thick green backed, white fluffy on other side??? I got mine from a vet supplies site... its practically undestructable and £45 a half meter... Maybe ebay is selling inferior version of it, cos you shld be able to boil wash it....
Yes that is the stuff except mine is grey not white. I did not buy mine from ebay (it was from the local Cats Protection) so I dont know if the stuff on ebay is genuine or not. The picture that I have seen for £3.25 seems to be of the same stuff as mine.

Just a note that it is for a small size for the price I quoted, but the sizing does vary per seller. The £3.25 one measures 19½ inch x 15 inch. There is some at £5.50 which measures 75cmx50cm but the picture of the backing is completely different to mine, so I have my doubts about that. There are a couple more options (differently priced to those two) but from the pictures it is hard to tell whether it is genuine vet bed or not.

I also found rolls on ebay for just under £50 (3 metres roll) which again from the picture appears to be the same as my stuff (albeit a different colour on top) so yes at least some of the stuff is genuine out there. There is a guide on ebay too.

So if someone wants a couple of pieces then they can go down the route, or alternatively buy a small roll.

Banned

09-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #14

Cheers for the info,and I will have a wee look... I think I am paying well over the odds lol... I usually avoid ebay tho!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #15

Thanks about the tips re vet bed from ebay. I'll check it out. Any particular reason why you avoid ebay, catwoman? I myself have bought several things, all as per description, good price, excellent quick delivery.

Banned

09-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #16

Just me being paranoid Angieh... I would prefer to buy from the manufacturer of these things, then you know your are not getting an inferior item. I know there are lots of gen stuff on ebay, but also bad stuff... I would rather not take the gamble. So I pay through the nose at Pets at Home or Vet supplies sites lol...