Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
24-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #1

What breed is my cat?

Hi everyone,

We recently adopted a kitten who initially looked like a little grey moggie but he looks different every day.

He is a bluey-grey colour with yellow eyes and Siamese/Burmese-looking ears. He has very dark grey stripes on his body, up his legs and at the end of his tail but dark grey spots on his belly.

His mother was a tortoiseshell and in the same litter of kittens there was a black and white, a tabby and a light ginger/sandy.

He's so gorgeous and I'm desperately curious to know what breed/breeds he might be. Has anyone any ideas?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #2

Re: What breed is my cat?

He is gorgeous, the spotty tum suggest maybe bengal....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #3

From your description and the pic he sounds to me like a blue mackerel tabby, a moggy. Tabbies... and torbies ...often have spotted tummies. What a little cutie he is: how old, what's his name?

Oh, and welcome to Catsey BTW!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #4

He's certainly a little poppet, whatever ancestry he has in him! What's his name btw??

Kittens sometimes show stripes that sadly (IMO) disappear as they get older. My little b&w moggy had three b&w kittens (she was already preggers when I adopted her) - all three kittens had stripes that vanished.

Welcome to Catsey!

Catsey Junior

25-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. He is 10 weeks old and called Merlin although we call him Merl at the moment because he's a bit too silly for his full name!

Glad to have found this site - I don't know much about cats yet. The adoption lady said she thought he had some Siamese or something in him but all the kittens in the litter were very different so it was hard to tell. We've only had him a week but he's settled in so well - I am totally in love!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
25-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #6

He is a real sweetie. I don't think it will be easy to say for sure what his breeding is, perhaps when he is older you'll know by his face and body shape whether he has some oriental in him or not.

Either way you have a lovely boy.

You'll find everyone here a great help for answering any questions you might have - just ask.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarant
Thanks everyone. He is 10 weeks old and called Merlin although we call him Merl at the moment because he's a bit too silly for his full name!

Glad to have found this site - I don't know much about cats yet
. The adoption lady said she thought he had some Siamese or something in him but all the kittens in the litter were very different so it was hard to tell. We've only had him a week but he's settled in so well - I am totally in love!
Questions? Ask away, there's a wealth of knowledge here, and everyone is friendly and glad to share what we know! And we do love pics!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: All types
mattde is Male
25-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #8

dont know but its very nice kitten.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #9

Oh Merlin! That's an EXCELLENT name.........

Catsey Junior

26-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #10

Thanks Angie. I hope you don't miss your Merlin too much.

While you're all being so kind, can I ask about feeding habits? We adopted Merlin a week ago and the lady at the rehoming centre said to give him James Wellbeloved biscuit and Whiskas kitten pouches as that's what he was used to eating. We've given him the biscuit every morning which last throughout the day and a pouch of wet food at about 5pm that he eats through the night. The first few days, his stools were hard and black but since Friday, his stools seem much softer and the inside of the litter tray hood is covered in spots of poo as he's kicked it up. I'm wondering whether I should be giving him the wet food throughout the day instead of all in one go. What do you think?