Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Monday

Morning all, absolutely freezing here. Our weather clock was reading minus 7 this morning Not much planned for today, other than taking Maddie for a vet check later this morning. Think I will huddle with the puppies under their heat lamp

Hope you all have a great day, wrap up warm if you are off out today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-02-2008, 09:37 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Monday

ill be getting sorted out soon, got to pop into town,do a bit of shopping,
got the council coming this orning to fit a grab rail in the bath.i had a tumble getting into the bath recntly. hips n legs not working as good as they should.
then this afternoon we have a surveyor coming to plan our kitchen, the councils fiting a new one the one i have now is basically 40 odd yrs old. doors dropping off ect, but it has a brilliant larder,(like to keep that.if possible)
2morow we are off out for a lunchtime meal.its our anniversary 8 yrs
have a good day all. and wrap up warm all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #3

What a hard frost! Brrrr. Very beautiful though and the sun is shining strongly.
We went to West Bay on the way to mum's yesterday. It was lovely but it was heaving! So many people (and dogs) taking advantage of the great day. It was really warm in sheltered spots. The coastguards were there doing an exercise, abseiling down the cliff, so it was interesting to watch them.
New kitchen BM? Mmm. Do you get any choice, or just Hobson's choice? A larder is great - wonder why they stopped building them.
We also sussed out a new housing development in Beaminster. Very nice houses, well made and well set out but sadly nearly all were orientated the wrong way - we are just spoilt here with our due south facing garden, I couldn't live anywhere without a southerly garden now.
Right - off to read other posts, to try and think of a new topic to post, in my 'let's get Catsey buzzing' mode and then back to my painting. I'm on my own till Thursday night, so I'll try hard to post lots!
Have a lovely day - keep warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #4

Lovely long lie-in today as it's the first day of our half-term holiday.

I hope to catch up on a lot of housework as well as dealing with all the marking/record-keeping that I brought home with me. I also want to have a day in London at an exhibition or just shopping. Then there's the gardening, baking, sewing, viewing all those recorded TV programmes that I haven't watched yet. It would be nice to spend a lot of time just unwinding and relaxing, pub lunches, meeting up with friends etc. Somehow I don't think I can fit it all into one week, I'll be going back to work exhausted!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #5

Up in London today taking Dominik on the London eye. Went for a pasta lunch and that was about it (lunch included feeding OH wine in order to discuss Chico )!

With a very slow train up it took the best part of an hour to get to Paddington (normally just under 25 minutes ).

Anyways Domi loved the eye, and me - well having been a huge fan and having been on it lots of times I got almost a panic attack at the top, when it suddenly stopped and started going backwards

Got lots of cleaning to do tonight and tomorrow morning as we have a house viewing lunchtime tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #6

Greetings from unseasonably warm Washington! Can you believe it's 19 degrees just after 11:30 this morning? Sun shining and Leia is having her morning nap on the porch. Today's a holiday, Presidents Day; didn't need anything at the market so just did some needed housework before popping on here. We'll pay for this weather later: look at tomorrow's forecast:
http://weather.weatherbug.com/DC/Was...ml?zcode=Z5393

Wonderful news about Chico! Hope the logistics can get sorted!
DM: agree about South-facing gardens!

Stay warm, enjoy the day....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
18-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #7

Hi all... First day of half term and I have a tummy bug not fair!! Started being sick yesterday morning at 4 am and stopped this morning at 6am. Sheldon checked catsey for me yesterday. I've just got out of bed and have a very groggy head thank God sheldon is off work!!! I am so glad about Chico!!! I missed the frost

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #8

beautiful, sunny day here..today is me and my OH's two year anniversary..i got some lovely prezzies..pretty day..just getting over a rotten cold and trying to make sure my little ferretbutt doesn't catch it...miss talking to everyone..will try to be on more often..hope you are all well!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #9

Good to see you back Tink ......happy anniversary to you and your OH, hope you've had a lovely day..

How is your tooth now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #10

Happy Anniversary, Tink!