Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
26-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #11

Re: Barking Dog!!!!

He/she is probably bored and not being walked enough if they are lazy. What kind of dog is it?

Dogs do bark for a lot of reasons, I have a barker myself and she is very attention seeking and this is her reason for barking, but when she does bark it is something that is tackled straight away and she is not left to bark for any length of time.

If they are lazy people to be honest I cannot see it being resolved and they will probably give up and rehome the dog when they get sick of the barking themselves, as in most cases.

I would agree and have a word with the owners first before calling out anyone, they will appreciate that as we too have had environmental health called out over Maddy and we were unaware she was even annoying anyone so it seemed very sneaky if you like, as if they didn't have the kindness to speak to us first without getting the authorities involved.

If they are nice people they will appreciate your help especially if you go with some ideas to help with the dog as he is probably annoying them just as much as he is annoying you, and if they really care for the dog and want to work at solving the issues they will be friendly towards you and welcome your advice anyway.

Good luck!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
26-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #12

Best of luck getting the problem sorted out.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
26-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #13

Thanks Random yes I think they are fed up with it too. they do walk it, it's a mongrel, but I think they lavished attention on him to start with them got him a kennel in the garden. I would feel sneaky calling anyone out cos they would know it was us anyway!!
Thanks for everyone's advice it has been really helpful