Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #1

tell us a bit about you

As we seem to have a few new members & Catpages is "buzzing" how about we tell everyone a bit about us.
I am Smudgley. I'm 31 & been married to John for 11 years. I have 2 daughters age 7 and a half & 9! we live in the West Midlands.
I work for Guide Dogs for the blind where I am involved with the Breeding programme & I am responsible for the health & welfare of the breeding bitches.
I have 3 moggies (one who keeps going back to our old house, where we moved from nearly a year ago ) & 2 others who have gone on a hunting mission recently & are daily catching frogs & other creatures!
I have a dog (who is a Guide Dog breeding bitch) & she currently has 10 puppies
I also have 3 rabbits, 9 hens & a cockeral (but he has to go as he was supposed to be a girl )
In my spare time I foster cats for my local Cats protection branch. I currently have in
a ferral cat & her babies.(Cleo)
a found cat & her babies.(Pudding)
& a 12 year old stray.(Teabag)
that's about it from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #2

Re: tell us a bit about you

Well, here goes..... I am 39 years old married with 2 children aged 9 (next week) and 12. I am married to Martyn. We have 6 cats (and three kittens 5 days old) 2 choccie labs, a tortoise, 2 rabbits some goldfish and a horse. I am a registered nurse and used to work in GP practise. I have not worked for a couple of years now to spend more time with my family and pets. I breed the occasional litter of Labradors and currently have one of my girls hopefully in whelp. P.s........I would love a job like Smudgleys

Edit to add that my hobbies include needlework and computers - my dream is to build my own. And up until selling my appy mare, I had a passion for show jumping....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #3

I'm Karen not married but have a OH Ben, I have no children, but Ben has a son and daughter from his first marriage. They live down in Cornwall and come up when they can being teenagers now - therefore with a life.
I have one brother and one sister both married with children and I adore my nieces and nephews.

My chosen breed is Staffords I have two bitches half sisters Sal 33 months and Tess 13 months.
Two elderly cats who will be 23 this year brother and sister Oscar and Cleo.

I work at BQ and adore gardening and dog walking. I do homechecks for SBT rescue (when I can) and Sal is a registered PAT dog and we visit a hospice and an old peoples home, from this year we will visit a special school for mostly Autistic children.
I also do visiting for the cinnamon trust and walk a elderly Lab bitch for an equally elderly couple. I like SciFi mainly Star Trek.
Oh and I like visiting catpages dogweb.
Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #4

Right......I am years old, married to Trevor and we have twin son and daughter and two lovely grandchildren aged 2 and 4. I have 1 brother who lives in Italy.
I am a quiet person (yes I am really!) and it takes me a while to get to know a person and be comfortable with them. I do not like crowds....
I love all animals (especially Moli's boxer Mollie!), I enjoy gardening and spending time with my grandchildren.
I do not work, that's why I spend so much time on Catpages
Oh...and I like people who make me laugh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #5

Okay, I am over 21, married to Bob, have a daughter of 25 married,a son who is 20 in a couple of weeks, 3 stepchildren and 7 step grandchildren...
Love dogs,cats,birds basically any animal...
I am a housewife.Very quiet..a bit like Mags, once I get to know someone I am totally different..Love my garden, and catpages...and people with a good sense of humour..

Catsey Senior

13-07-2005, 11:53 AM   #6

My name is Sue, and I am very new to this forum, having only joined the other day! Told my good friend Donna about it, and she has joined also, which will please hubby, as he thinks we spend too much time 'gassing' on the phone as it is!!!

I am 40, (you pronounce that as 21), have three children, aged 20, 18 and 17, married to Paul, (you pronounce that as Victor Meldrew, although it does sometimes sound like Alf Garnet!). I am also expecting my first grandchild from middle daughter, Natalie (pronounced as omigod you silly thing), who will be 37 weeks on Tuesday, so any day now!!!

I used to work for Social Services, as Archiving and Records officer, first full time and then part time once being diagnosed with fybromyalgia. Although I won an award for my work there, setting the whole archiving system up to be compliant with all the new data protection, and the freedom of information acts, once this had been done, felt quite restless and wanted something more of a challenge! Breeding cats seemed to be something I really wanted to do, so left my job to see if I could!
I have now been doing this full time for over a year, and although it has more ups and downs than a big dipper, love it!

I also love gardening, (please don't look at my garden at the mo though, needs too much hard landscaping before it will look nice!), photograpy, reading (favourite authors include, Jonathan Kellerman, Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwell, Anne McCaffrey, Tad Williams, Terry Pratchet), tv, fave soaps Eastenders, Neighbours, Home and Away, Family Affairs and Corrie if I can be bothered, fave progs, Buffy, Star Trek, Most Haunted etc.

Can't think of much else, but there is probably loads!!!!!

Catsey Senior

13-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #7

Here we go
My name is Donna,i am 34 yrs old.
I live with my other half Lou,We have four daughters
Hollie 15,Shanice 13,Jasmine 8 and Imogen 4
I am a full time housewife and small hobby breeder of Bengal katz
I have 14 cats inc my dear old moggies,1 amazon parrot and a very mad Staff dog

Oh forgot the 16 kittens at the mo
Dont get much time for hobbies what with children and cats,not forgetting housework

I do like a good book to read and looking at other peoples cats all day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
13-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #8

I'm Jeanette

I'm 34, single and live in Denmark with my choccie labrador Luna, and Oliver the chubby tabby cat

I love reading.. I read most genres...