Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #1

Hard Man

Last night about 7.00ish I had to go into work, leaving Ben (my OH) and the two girls Staffords Sal and Tess enjoying chicken sarnies and the warm yet slightly cooler evening weather.

Got back last night just after midnight to be told "the pup(Tess) was stung on her foot by a bee. Ben had checked her over she seemed fine he had bathed her foot in bicarbonate of soda and kept her quiet, rang the vets and she had no reaction at all. I check her again no limping, she seemed fine so I went to bed. Got up this morning to find the dogs inoculation form out put it away not thinking anything.

Then about 10.00am get back after the morning walk to find a message from the vets, asking to be rung back.
I did and expected them to ask after Tess but the first words are "How's Ben?"
I ask why and they said he had phoned to check he was doing the right thing he was and then the vet had said again "so as long as she has no reaction, lumps fitting/shaking etc she should be fine...is she fine no problems"
He had said she's fine she's lying down but my heart is going 10 to the dozen and I have come out in a cold sweat, and feel like my head is about to explode"
The vet said in that case you go and lie down too in the same cool room as the dogs and don't get worked up.

I ask you. ..After this conversation I rang him and before I could take the pee out of him he floored me by saying

He said "I panicked I must be going soft, I didn't realise I loved them so much until she was hurt...they've always been just the dogs."

He was brought up with dogs his Dad kept lurchers & terriers as working dogs.
But although with these two he will walk them, feed them, clean up after them etc normaly its me who does. As they are my dogs. He expects dogs to behave as dogs and be treated as such. Although they watch the cricket and footie with him and racing on telly he is not fussy with them. He tells them what to do and they do it.
Hard men eh?

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #2

Re: Hard Man

I'm glad Tess wasn't too badly affected by the sting Kazz........but oh, your OH ....they are big softies aren't they?!!
Not that I would wish my Cassie any harm but I would love to see my hubby in that position.....just to see how much Cassie means to him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
11-07-2005, 07:04 PM   #3

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Karen, wot a sweetie you OH is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
11-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #4

Its amazing just how soft some men are with animals....Hope Tess is okay Kazz...

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #5

Thanks

You see iots normaly me here when something goes wrong - not that it does often but when Sal was attacked by a Boxer as a pup - I was walking her therefore - I panicked an he says "Don't fuss she's (whichever of them) is a dog"

I don't think he'll be saying that from now on - but I shan't say it back to him because I realise he was rally shook up - especially when today at work he's heard dogs die of bee stings
We (Tess and I)went to the vets tonight - at Bens insistence to make sure she's okay and the vet said he does not think the bee actually stung her but that the sting went between her toes and possibly came out Ben said she trod on it having "cornered it" he thought she had a bit chicken (they were eating chicken sarnies) earlier. But turned out to be a Bee.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-07-2005, 10:17 PM   #6

The main thing is she is ok Kazz

Global Moderator

11-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #7

Alls well that ends well then Kazz......if it wasn't for the suspected bee sting you might never have known of your OH's 'soft' side towards the pets.....

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #8

I think I would have guessed - when he has to go away for work he comes back and says "How's my gorgeous gorgeous girls I missed you and does he mean me NO the dogs"

And he gets up on these warm nights about 3.00am'ish and changes their bowl of water for fresh adding an ice cube or two but does he bring me a glass of milk or anything to drink No .
Karen

Global Moderator

11-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #9

Typical man then?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #10

Awwww he lovs his girlies