Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #21

Re: Fudge is badly injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladiablo

Hope he goes okay, has had a nasty shock though, poor little mite, sounds like a horrendous wound!
Did the vets give you an idea what to expect? Did they give you the stuff to put in his water to help with stress? Mind you won't help much if he is not drinking!
They must have an emergency number if you are not happy?

Oooh! Fingers still crossed!
Yes I have the stress stuff for his water, apparantly if you put ribena in their water it encourages them to drink so will get some later when I go out to sort my horse out. Our vets have a 24 hour service, it is always one of the vets from the practice on call ( I wouldn't have it any other way breeding dogs!) The vet expected that he would be better off at home but I am not so sure at least he was eating at the hospital The vets have surgery tomorrow so if no poos, food or water by then he will be straight in for rehydration therapy....

Catsey Senior

09-07-2005, 06:32 PM   #22

Will be tucking the Ribena in to my brain for future use! Sounds like you have great vets, have just had to change mine once already, and think I may change again! Most vets seem to think breeders are made of money I wish! Not only that, they seem to hate cat breeders

I do hope poor little Fudge is okay, you must be so worried! Keep the faith though there usually does seem to be a greater plan, though sometimes it is hard to see!!
Suexx

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #23

Thanks Sue......My vets are great, I can't sing their praises enough and they give me a substantial discount off all my bills because I am such a regular customer
The ribena has worked a treat!! Fudge has had a good drink since I added it to his water but hasn't eaten or pood yet Smudge is most unamused that he has a new bedroom

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #24

[quote="belladiablo"]Most vets seem to think breeders are made of money I wish! Not only that, they seem to hate cat breeders quote]

I really haven't found this.....my vets do everything in their power to keep my costs down and actually discourage me from things they see as not necessary although they will always take my view into account and if I want it I can have it I would say that they actually encourage and certainly support my breeding programmes........and I could not do what I do without them...We are certainly a partnership

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM   #25

Hi PK, how's Fudge now?

Catsey Senior

09-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #26

That's fantastic!

I am so glad some vets get it right, I have been told by some other breeders how great some vets can be, just a case of finding one that is right for you I would suppose! Trouble is, once you get one bad one.................................

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Hi PK, how's Fudge now?
Settled thanks Moli but still not eating and no poos

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladiablo
That's fantastic!

I am so glad some vets get it right, I have been told by some other breeders how great some vets can be, just a case of finding one that is right for you I would suppose! Trouble is, once you get one bad one.................................
All I can say is shop round Sue..... I have been with these vets about 3 years now prior to that I wasn't happy either.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #29

I have been with my vet 6 years now, Having 3 dogs and 3 cats I visit them quite regularly, and must say they are brilliant all of them, the vet nurse, the manager , the receptionist and the vet have become more or less friends now..I trust them completely..

Catsey Senior

09-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #30

How lucky you both have been!
I am sure there must be some great vets, and some bad ones, I suppose like anything in life!!

I think also, being a 'grandma' is taking a lot of thought and worry as well at the mo, you hardly expect any more your 17 year old to be 'with child' ha ha ha! She is now 18, and 36 weeks, so anytime now

Luckily, she and her partner have said they are fine with me being at the birh, so could be great!
Will let all know,

also have determined that in public, said grandchild will call me 'Aunty Sue' in public, well, can only cope with so much! ha ha ha ha!