Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #11

Re: New Chicken Run

Fantastic!!! I must get treatment for my phobia as chicken-keeping is becoming increasingly appealing. Your chickies look very happy in their enclosure there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Are they easy to look after and keep?
We love eggs and would love to have fresh eggs like that every day
I find them incredibly easy to keep not much different to a rabbit tbh, although obviously they have different needs in some areas. But considering that feed is relatively cheap, and the make fab waste disposal units (of appropriate foods ) and the bonus of all those lovely eggs, well I wouldn't want to be without mine now.

Oh and thanks Mags and Yola

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #13

Clever Hubby! that looks just the job....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #14

We are thinking about having some more chickens - we still have our original chook house, but the run would need revamping.

Can you let me know how high yours is Alex??? Have you concreted the posts/wire - or perhaps you don't have trouble with foxes?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
We are thinking about having some more chickens - we still have our original chook house, but the run would need revamping.

Can you let me know how high yours is Alex??? Have you concreted the posts/wire - or perhaps you don't have trouble with foxes?
hi angie, our run is approx 5 and a half feet (I can just stand upright in it lol) tall, and 6 feet long and wide (or thereabouts). It sits on slabs and no we haven't concreted our posts in as we have never seen a fox about here, and tbh it is solid enough that I wouldn't worry if we had. We used weldmesh rather than chicken wire for added safety All in all it cost about £80 (including the roof panels), far less than any commercial, tiny run I've seen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #16

Have shown this to OH as he will need to build run for mine when they arrive (only 16 days to go) hopefully it will be done on time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Fantastic!!! I must get treatment for my phobia as chicken-keeping is becoming increasingly appealing. Your chickies look very happy in their enclosure there
You don't have zoning regulations about livestock in your town, then, Yola? Oh how I wish I could keep a few hens!