Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #21

Re: porsha... Fran?

I suppose you have to cut her a bit of slack though, as she is on medication and you know it had a bad effect on her gut previously.
Fran, just another of my 'shouldn't do any harm, might do some good' thoughts. have you looked at the Denes or Dorwest sites for something herbal/homeopathic? Garlic is supposed to be very cleansing isn't it - maybe a garlic capsule occasionally? Or whatever they suggest. The man at Dorwest is very helpful if you phone and will speak to you about 'what helps some animals with ......' but of course, not being a vet he will never say 'I recommend ....'
Think I may toddle over and see if they have anything. There's certainly the tree bark powder (basically slippery elm) which is an age-old digestion soother, easily digested and which actually has some nutritional value too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Oh dear Fran, I really hope the vet can get this sorted How long is she on the Metronidazole for?
She said if it is going to work then it will work within about three days. She wants an update on Tuesday and will take it from there.

I bought the Canikur granules as suggested by Dm but Porsha will not eat the food if I put them in it All the other cats will but since it's not them that need them it's quite useless really I'll keep trying her with them but I am not holding out much hope tbh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #23

Oh spit!
Have you tried storing them in the fridge, to reduce their smell so Porsha might not notice?
Chin up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #24

Has she been tested for pancreatitis at all Fran?
Just a thought towards something which may be causing all this.
I sincerely hope you can find out whats causing her this problem very soon.
Hugs to you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Has she been tested for pancreatitis at all Fran?
Not as far as I am aware, although all her bloods were normal including her liver function tests. I know Pancreatitis can be difficult to diagnose and I will mention it to the vet next time I speak to her.