Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #1

Thursday

Hi everyone, I'm excited as I'm off to collect my new bike. I decided to splurge and buy one that is the right size for me as I want to start cycling to work again. It is 9 miles and I decided that the slightly-too-big bike I have been using doesn't feel safe enough for the route.
Hope everyone has a good day. It looks as though we will get some rain here soon. We have had some heavy showers over the last few days!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #2

Re: Thursday

Morning CS! Hope you love your new bike. Is that 9 miles each way? You will be supa-fit if you do that regularly. I find that using the exercise bike is the hardest thing to do and I probably could not even do 2 minutes in one go now. Need to get back to doing some exercise, feeling very unmotivated just now.

We have also had heavy showers - thunder and lightening again yesterday afternoon. Monty's head came up at the first clap of thunder but he didn't react after that. The cats don't seem to get upset either, which is very good.

OH has gone off to golf with waterproofs and an umbrella. If they get thunder though, they'll be called off the course.

We've had the week off from dog training, so with two extra evenings in and no Catsey quiz either, we've been trying to find "things to do" - hence a jigsaw puzzle came out - one we bought for MIL some time ago. Pip has been helping and I have photos to post later today!!!

I am sending special healing vibes to Kizzy's adopted sister Minnie today and Kizzy has promised to speak with The Great Cat.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Hello all

I'm still here

Wether's very dull here. I got a tiny shovel and other gardentools from my mum the other day, so this morning I went out and got started.

But there's a weed of some sort, which spreads like a maniac, and the roots are looong. The dirt is also very tough to dig in, so I think I'm gonna need a big shovel. Or I'll never get to the bottom.

I wrote that to my mum, and she replied: "Is it the hedge, you're digging up?"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #4

afternoon everyone not long in from work and finally getting a chance to catch up on things!!

CS i hope you enjoy your new bike
Angie, thats good that monty didnt react to the lightening, i thought we were going ot get it here yesterday but thankfully not.
Jeanette, i hope you get to the root of the weed problem :P

OH and i are heading out for dinner tonight as its our 2nd year anniversary of being together so we are heading to teh place where we had our first date

Hope you all have a lovely eveneing and lots of catsey hugs to our furry friends x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Evening all.

Sorry not much going on here at all work and sleep........hope more happens at the weekend....stay well and happy people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning CS! Hope you love your new bike. Is that 9 miles each way? You will be supa-fit if you do that regularly. I find that using the exercise bike is the hardest thing to do and I probably could not even do 2 minutes in one go now. Need to get back to doing some exercise, feeling very unmotivated just now.
Yes thanks Angie, I'm very pleased with the bike. The salesman had tried to sell me the next size up but I'm glad I decided to stay with the smaller size. I feel much more in control. It is 9 miles each way but I won't be doing it every day- sometimes I need to catch early trains and can't be doing with the faff of getting changed etc at work.

I think I'm finding it easier with exercise now the days are longer. I started a couple of years ago with a pedometer and aimed at building up the number of steps every day and have built back up from there. I had let my activity levels drop right down because of a much more sedentary job and it was a bit of a struggle to increase it. I like gadgets so the pedometer was interesting to use.