Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Late for a Daily!

Yesterday was cloudy, damp and chilly, 16 C (60 F), today same temps but bright sunshine so doesn't feel as cold. No library again, almost finished that humungous book (on page 942 now); so a lie-in and chores. Going to dinner at Carolyn's tonight so will be on late. Hope all are enjoying a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

Hello Eileen out for dinner enjoy yourself and say "Hello" to Carolyn for me.

Been doing bits and pieces today which have kept me busy. Looks like rain for later.

Been marking out what sort of size I would like for the downstairs loo/utility. extension.

Got to get some plans done I think waiting to hear back from the council.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #3

Evening all, bit shattered today it's been very physical .
This morning my son and myself went to the local nature reserve where we are volunteers. Today we were raking and clearing an area that had been strimmed. It is a wild flower area and apparently if the ground has too many nutrients the flowers don't grow well. There will be lots of Orchids in Spring.
After dinner we took Malaika a walk along the canal bank.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
02-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #4

Afternoon, all.
K's stepdad stopped by yesterday and dropped off this for the kitties
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=10239
They love it, Solomon took to it right away and last night found Kuan Yin fetching furry mice and dropping them into the holes so Solomon could fetch them out..quite a team!
Nursing a bit of a headache that's been going on for the last few days...K has two friends due to arrive today so not really looking forward to that as I'm not up for company..I'll probably just hide out and rest..I never claimed to be a good hostess anyhow
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #5

That looks like great cat fun! I've bought things from them myself. It's so cute the way Kuan Yin and Solomon have bonded; they're quite a team.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #6

What busy bees you have been! Hope you have a lovely evening, Eileen.

Did some housework this morning but not a lot - tried to shoo a shrew out from under the fridge that Pip "lost". It was seen leaving the kitchen and going into the link, but whither from thence? No-one knows!!!

Kizzy had a good hour's worth of crackercat this morning. She had me in fits. She sallied up the ramp, rubbing her tail along the railings, asking to come in the back door and then jumping as if she'd seen something horrid, raced back into the garden and under the big grass - and then repeated the whole scene at least twice more! Making up for being asleep yesterday because of the rain I suppose.

However, rain came in this afternoon and it's bucketing down just now. Kizzy is in Kizzynest asleep and Pip has a terrible decision to make - whether to chase the spider in the kitchen or the daddy-long-legs. Choices, choices.

I have just finished sorting and putting one side of my family photos into an album. It will need a bit of tidying up, but I feel quite chuffed getting the "heavy side" done. Need to buy another album now for the other side! There are some very old photos of my mum when she was a girl still left to sort and then I shall move on to my parents as a couple and me as a child. Probably need yet another album for that. The number of old negatives I've had to throw out

I have one photograph that I will need to take to the local archives to see if they can date. It may be one of my great grandfathers if date matches.

Hope the weather perks up tomorrow. Enjoy your evening all.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #7

No wonder Pip is staying in the kitchen now instead of being out in the rain: spider, daddy long legs and maybe the missing shrew.... hunter's paradise! Glad Kizzy got her exercise in before the rains.
The albums seem to be coming along nicely; are enough old photos marked so you can tell who's in them? It's frustrating when you have no idea who someone is ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #8

I do know who most of the people are Eileen - aunts and uncles that I grew up knowing. In some of the regimental group photos however I am stumped but would rather not discard them. I do have a lovely group of my mother's WRAF unit and all are named and have signed the wallet. My mum was very good at recording names and the year the photo was taken in her album (which is dirty and falling to bits) and I am being careful to transfer the information. I found out the maiden name of an uncle's wife from the info mum had recorded, which was a good find.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #9

Your mother was in the WRAF?! I imagine she had some stories to tell! Mine was in the Army nurse corps in WWI and technically an officer; Dad was just in the army and only made PFC ... that made for family jokes about outranking him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #10

Evening all - popped over to see hubbys aunty today and then picked up a curry and took it to my parents for dinner - had a nice evening with them and we are now home.

Have a good evening all.