Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #1

Fabulous Friday

Morning all - so, why it it fabulous Friday
  • I'm on holiday until Tuesday
  • The sun's out
  • The contractors have arrived to 'fix' the drive at the side of the shed
  • OH has arranged to get the outside of the house painted
  • I have two fabulous kittens to amuse me
  • It's dry
  • I had a long lie and breakfast in bed
Enjoy your Friday - hope it's a good one for you too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Re: Fabulous Friday

You sound rather regal this morning CM! Glad you are being spoilt too.

I'm spitting a few tacks just now as I had to rush out and get the towels in which I'd only hung out about 15 mins beforehand. They are wetter than when they went out. GGGGRRRRRrrr.

OH has gone to the driving range and taken his mum with him, so I am home alone with Kizzy and Pip. Actually, I would never count that as being alone. I am never lonely if there's a cat around. I am feeling very very sorry for Harley who is shut out in this weather. OK, he has a shelter to go to, but he is still meowing at the door but I know that he will bully as soon as he is allowed back in. He lies in wait for them outdoors. I know exactly what that's like as a bully boy used to lie in wait for me when I was walking home from school. I can still feel my heart beating faster as I approached the place where he might be lying in wait. My mum sorted it and I had no further problems. I know it's my responsibility to keep Kizzy and Pip safe and happy. I may actually phone the Cat and Rabbit rescue again as I have no faith that Harley's behaviour will have changed after another week and I really need to know that he is safely placed before winter arrives. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed for that farm placement for him.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #3

Hi, CM, Angie and all to follow. Glorious weather continues, Summer hasn't given up yet : 27 C (81 F) now before lunch, all sunshine and a nice breeze, Still need rain, though, but won't complain as today is so great. To the market and liquor store, just the usual routine today.

CM, nice that you're having such a pleasant day. Breakfast in bed .... aah, can't have that if you live alone! Angie, I'm so sorry Harley's disposition hasn't changed after the op. I think you're right, he needs a settled home where he'll be the only cat before the weather turns,. Sad, but you did your best for him and apparently it wasn't to be

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #4

Afternoon all.

Bit of a weird week here, just loads to do not a lot of time so sadly Catsey has been the "orphan" of my time.

Off out for a meal a friends birthday tomorrow so we are out tonight. Then guess what I am off to work doing a few nights (my choice) to achieve a target I set myself.

CM......sounds like a perfect day.

Angie sounds like Harley needs a new home a single cat one at that.

So see you all tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #5

Evening all.

Home at last, busy day at work. Nothing planned for this evening apart from relaxing.

Didn't go to the gym today as my calves are still aching from the workout DVD I did yesterday LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #6

Just dropping in briefly while things are a bit quiet. I've not slept too well for about oh, nearly 2 weeks now I'm going through a particularly loud tinnitus period at the moment and it's keeping me awake. I fall into an exhausted sleep for about 10 minutes or so then wake up with this perishing whistling and hissing, it's making me bad tempered and very bloody-minded but it will all calm down again soon, can't wait!

It's been a miserable wet day for the most part today, our lovely new car is all wet!! It has to sit in the drive as the garage is really small and I can only just fit my Micra in there. I love the new car, the lights come on automatically when the light level drops and the front seats are heated, such luxury! Leaving it in car parks is worrying though, people are so careless with their shopping trollies!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #7

Evening all! had a funeral to attend today so Ceri went off with my parents for the day and after attending the crem, I did my house work.

Time flies by so fast, it's so incredible where the day goes, I can't believe that I used to work as well!!

Angie, you have done good by Harvey, but its time to consider Kizzy and Pip now. Pity he couldn't settle but he's going to be in a better way then when you found him.
CM, you sound like the cat that got the cream goodonya!
Emma, rest your calves, feet up tonight. Kazz enjoy your night out and Eileen, at the liquor store, make mine a Jack Daniels

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #8

MrsH are we going to see some pictures of the new car!!!! They are great aren't they - how are you both finding driving it??? I love driving mine - one of the best cars I have ever driven

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #9

Afternoon, all. Weather just as yesterday; 58, overcast, and a breeze. Ground is a bit soggy though so I think it rained while I was sleeping. It's definitely time to start wearing socks around the house again, the floor is chilly.
Got a lot of housework done yesterday and I feel exhausted today so I'm going to just give myself a much needed break.
All the animals are curled up; I think the weather change has made them want to nap today and I may just follow their lead. Surely they're on to something
Have a good day, everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #10

Why can't we all hibernate???