Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Tuesday

Morning all, just about
Just back from town, had a look around the flea market and then picked up some chicken bits that i use to pill Tom and cleaning products (whoopee )
I have the oven lurking and all ready to clean but will have to phych myself up over the next few days, it's a job i realy hate.
Hoping the grass dries and then i can get it cut.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

Afternoon Shelley and all to follow! Having lunch and Catsey catch-up atm. Our second "clear out the loft day" today - we've done really well and are taking a trip to the tip this afternoon - we do live dangerously!!! Tomorrow should see the back of it and we can start putting stuff back - stuff we know that we need to keep, like suitcase, C-word decorations and we will know where the winter weight duvets are!

Kizzy and Pip have been playing in the old bags and bits of newspaper and have now gone out for a snooze in the sunshine.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #3

Had a busy morning shopping in local town and out to Tesco on the retail park. Ceri came with me and he did good. I believe the good weather keeps his spirits up, as it does for us all I suppose. He is always more 'with it' when there's a bit of sun around

Like your Kizzy & Pip we took off this afternoon for a bit of R&R in the sun, took chicken wraps and headed for the forestry . Nearby there is an old church & old cemetery, alongside a nice pub. A recent episode of Dr Who was filmed there.After going through the graveyard and trying to read the inscriptions ( hard going coz of lichen & old Welsh) we sat out with a couple of shandies in the pub beer garden. Home now, feet up and catching up with online friends x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #4

Glad you're having sunshine! Sunny here too but still coolish: 19 C (66 F) same as yesterday. We make a brief foray into the 30s again before the weekend, good to hear for us heat lovers! Up to the other market that has Leia's favorites; found some imported French peach jam ... for some reason peach jam is hard to find here; I can order it online but they want $8.00 to ship a $4.00 jar .... forget it!!

I think oven cleaning is right up there with window washing as the most hated chore, Shelley! Angie, glad the loft cleanout is progressing so well. PP, cemetery sounds interesting, I love to visit old ones.

Enjoy the day......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #5

Evening all.

Bit of a bad day here, Jack (nephew) had a seizure or epileptic seizure early hours of this morning 4.30ish am; he was unconcious for about 5-6 minutes and brought around by the ambulance crew giving him oxygen (this may of been a coincidence) he was foaming at the mouth (for want of better description) and as I say unconcious.......barely breathing. He has slept all day today and indicates he has headache. He is to unergo tests as he has never had anythig like this previously is not ill so not due to a temprature......SCARY night. He has not been hospitalised but has been seen by the GP today and refered to hospital, good news emergency paramedic was at the house 4 minutes after the call and ambulance 6 minutes.......superb, and much appreciated service.

See you all later, stay well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #6

That sounds very scary Kazz. I do hope that Jack will be OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #7

How disturbing for Jack and you; the response certainly was rapid, hope they can sort out the problem and that he;ll be OK! Let us know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #8

So sorry to hear about the day's events, Kazz
It is sunny and bright here (for now). The weather sure does change on a dime though as of late and it's only 62 degrees at the warmest part of the day.
Solomon is obsessed with water. Do you know every morning when I start the water in the tub he rushes in from wherever he was in the house and stands in the bathtub until his feet are immersed? I pick him up before I turn the showerhead on because he does not prefer that part but he even helps me brush my teeth--sitting on the counter and batting at the stream of water as I brush. Then taking his paw and clogging the drain till the sink starts to fill, letting it out again and then clogging it up. I've had to spit in the bathtub numerous times because otherwise he's in the way
Nothing very exciting here; just the usual pet chores and house tidying.
My mom is still on oxygen and having problems recovering from her knee surgery. It's so odd, she was fine before it and now she has all these problems that you would think wouldn't be related to a knee surgery but there they are..
The other day I walked into the ferret room to find Solomon flat on his back, sleeping with his head on the pillow and his legs sprawled open That boy is so funny
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #9

Karen, that's just awful. I hope the doctors can get to the bottom of Jack's attack. Is it anything to do with his autism? Has something like this happened before . . . even very slight black outs which might hint at epilepsy?

Not much to report here. Life is confusion and mess as we don't know yet what is happening with the business (apart from the fact it can't continue in its current form) for sure so we're covering all bases and it means 20 times more work, hassle and worry than usual. Just trying to keep a lid on things for the boys' sake.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #10

I'm sorry to hear things are so chaotic, Yola. I sure hope it at least settles down a bit for your sake.