Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #1

Monday, Monday

Late for a Daily, where are you?

Sunny but quite Autumnal here, 19 C (66 F), brilliant sunshine but a rather brisk wind makes it feel cooler than it is. A no errand day so just pottering and some dull necessary chores; hope all are well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #2

Re: Monday, Monday

Hello Eileen, it's a bit like the Mary Celeste here today,lol.
I've been to work this morning, then done a bit of cleaning in my son's room now he's moved out.
Then a Dog walk to the local nature reserve where we met a few Doggy people to have a natter to.
Later i cleaned Malaika's ears, teeth and groomed her.
Howard is busy making Pea and Ham soup, just Pea for me and Tom is going mad for some of the ham trimmings and refuses to eat his felix.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #3

Evening all, been to work today hence being late.....

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #4

I agree with Tom, Shelley, I'd rater eat ham too. Haven't fixed ham and pea soup in a long time, thanks for the reminder!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

Hello all, it's been a full day. Good news from our blood tests at the doctors, seems we're both normal; told to keep taking the tablets!

Been trying to get hold of Crossroads Carers as I want to get on their books for a carer to visit Ceri for him to get a rest from me! As good as my family are, my dad is 75 and Mam 73 and I can't expect them to keep coming up to look after Ceri , especially in the Winter. Ceri's pal, David, is good but he's got bad legs and has an elderly mother to care for. I'd like a nice man to come and chat with him for a couple of hours once a week, then I can get out and see my friends.It's good that I have a Thursday when he goes to the Day Hospital but if that stops I'll have nothing.

Sorry about my moans. it's been a very good day here on the weather front, warm in the sun. Catch up with you all tomorrow, off to watch telly now

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #6

PP, a carer sounds like a great idea for you both! I hope they can send you a nice man, good luck! Any idea how soon it might be?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #7

Hi all! Sorry for lateness - OH and I have designated this week as "clear out the loft week", as his golf playing friend is on holiday and he has no-one to go out and play with!!! We've done really well today - three sides out of the four done, but the fourth is definitely going to be the worst, but at least we have room to put stuff we need to keep.

Harley seems well. He is still turning up for food and this afternoon was sunbathing on the table in the garden. He is still using his "pad".

New series of Spooks starts this evening - so will be off to see that at 9.00. Just time for a catch-up with what's been going on here on Catsey.

Love the idea of Crossroads carer PP. We have the same organisation here - based in a town about 10 miles away. We really ought to see if someone could come and sit with MIL for a couple of hours one afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #8

PP the carer sounds like a great idea for both of you.
Also for your MIL Angie as well.
Eileen, Tom ate his tea when the ham had gone. Howard didn't give him any so i told him off, poor Tom.
Just been dressing a Doll i recently bought, i have a suitcase of antique clothes and it's such a pleasure when i find a suitable outfit.

Catsey Veteran

20-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #9

It's the rare cat that doesn't like ham. Ms Picky decided it was the first "people food" she'd eat; little scared Onyx couldn't resist coming close enough to me to take a bit from my hand .... that was a huge step for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #10

Afternoon, all.
Overcast but no rain as of yet. Eerily quiet around here though.
Will need to stop by the library and drop off a few books that are due; and stop by the store for some newspapers for the ferrets' litter boxes.
We ended up going shopping yesterday as K was in the mood to go out. It was wet and dreary but we had a nice time out and got a few things--he even bought me a book I was eyeing..it is called "Homer's Odyssey" and it is about a blind cat who perseveres and teaches his owner that love has nothing to do with sight. I'm already halfway through it as it's an enjoyable read!
Ah, the weather was listening. It's just starting to sprinkle now
Also bought some lumber for some home projects. It started raining cats and dogs and me and K had quite a time unloading all of it into the nice dry shop. Of course, wouldn't you know it, as soon as we got the last bit in it stopped raining
Kitties are all cuddled around the living room where each has a view out the big window at the pond.
I always think of the homeless animals this time of year when the weather starts to be less forgiving. Just read in the classifieds today about two abandoned kittens at a gas station a few towns over. Seems the gas station staff have taken to feeding them but surely they'll still have a hard time, won't they? Sure hope the person who posted is able to catch them and find them a home.
Have a great day, all!