Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #1

Help with sister's xmas present please?

Hi guys, just wanted to ask your opinion on this.

I was flicking through I think marksies xmas catalogue, as you do, and came across a wee photo album called 'the little black cat' photo album and on the cover it had a wee black cat. This gave me an idea.

As most of you know my sister lost her cat Jennie earlier in the year when some thug deliberately set his dog onto her, despite our best efforts she died in my arms at the very doorstep of the vets.

Now I thought it might be nice to do a sort of keepsake album about Jennie, print off some of her pictures and put them in the album and I was going to give her it for Christmas.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of anything else I could put in? We don't have her old collar or anything as it was torn in the fight, so too much of a bad reminder than good so we threw it out. But I was thinking maybe poems or things? I have a couple of nice poems about lost pets which I will have a look through and pick some out.

Any other ideas would be great, just a sort of memorial as I know she misses her all the time and I know how much she would love something like this.

Cheers guys!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #2

Re: Help with sister's xmas present please?

What a lovely idea, Random! Sorry, I can't think of anything to add, but sure it'll be most appreciated as a lovely memorial to little Jenny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
24-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #3

What a lovely idea.

Don't know how many photos you have but if enough how about a collage of photos made into the right size for one of the slots.

Dried flowers at the corner of a photo.

Was there a special place she liked to go to when out and about? If so take a photo of that place and add a small pic of her at a corner, middle etc.

That's about it from my imagination.

I'm sure others will come up with some great ideas.

CM

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
What a lovely idea, Random! Sorry, I can't think of anything to add, but sure it'll be most appreciated as a lovely memorial to little Jenny.
Thanks Eileen, I like doing creative things for Christmas anyway, I try and do something a bit 'not normal' and personal to the people I am closest to as it just means more than a shop bought gift that anyone can buy, Christmas is too commercialized now anyway and the meaning is all lost somewhere for most people.

I was looking for a little black cat stuffed toy too. Actually I think I MAY just have Jennie's first kitten collar somewhere, now that would be good if I have....

Catsey Veteran

24-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
What a lovely idea.

Don't know how many photos you have but if enough how about a collage of photos made into the right size for one of the slots.

Dried flowers at the corner of a photo.

Was there a special place she liked to go to when out and about? If so take a photo of that place and add a small pic of her at a corner, middle etc.

That's about it from my imagination.

I'm sure others will come up with some great ideas.

CM
Thank you those are great ideas and you have given me another! I know my sister's last memory of Jennie was her hanging out the washing and Jennie chirping around her feet, happy as she always was, and that was her last day with us but I know my sister remembers it fondly, so maybe if I could find a cartoon style picture of a girl hanging out washing and add to it a black cat? Or something along those lines? Sort of like one of those cute greeting cards?