Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: maine coon? norweigen forest ??
shimmy is Male
21-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

My kitten has fell

hi guys how are you all, haven,t been on for a while again , and i,m after some reasurance if anything! As title says my kitten Tiggy /tigger is 5 months old now had he,s injections and plays in the garden under my supervision the majority of the time . On sunday he raced up one of my tree,s to about 18 ft or so, which in turn made Boycey run up the other one and freaked him so much he fell out of it and landed badly on a chair beneath , i managed to get to him as i see this and poor little thing bless him just sat still for a few moments , later on he seemed back to normal but obviously shaken a bit.
Then yesterday after being so cautious with him i slipped up , left my bedroom door open slightly(didn,t click shut) with my window fully open to air room. Guess what happened................. yep tiggy managed to fall out from upstairs onto the drive luckily my neighbour saw this n came to rescue .

Yet again tho after sitting and getting himself together again , runnin about ok but not so much he seemed 'ok' until about 10pm . today he has eaten, walked even run about but is very quiet for him, been asleep or in his bed most of today , generaly not wanting to do alot.
Now i would be too lol but after him doing this then runnin abt like u wouldnt of noticed, today is very different. Everything seems ok, going toilet, eating drinkin a little etc

i hope he,ll be ok would a trip to the vet for check over be a wise choice or shall i keep an eye on him. What might of happened to him other than brake a limb???

cheers for reading long one this one , piccys here

thanks guys , Mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #2

Re: My kitten has fell

Poor Tigger! If he's obviously not broken anything Mike and is back to normal, eating, drinking, toileting etc. he may just have been shaken up - gracious wouldn't we all?

If you are at all worried then you should get him to the vet. I'm not sure from your description whether you think he's acting normally now.

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
21-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #3

yeah i,d say he is just with more disinterest . I cant say he,s uncomfortable to the point its obvious but i know cats can hide things quite well . I,m sure he,ll be fine and no i took the guess not to visit the vets , i felt his limbs and moved them, only one seems a little painful for him....
thanks for replying

mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #4

It could be a slight sprain, Mike. If he's just quieter than usual, eating and toileting OK I'd probably just keep an eye on him. Of course, any symptoms tat look serious, off to the vet. Poor mite, hope he'll b back to himself tomorrow.

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
22-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #5

thanks dandysmom he seems as if he,s back to his normal ways this morning which i,m well glad of at first i thought he,s broken his back leg the way he was lying .
Cats obviously have great landing techniques compared to us but i was thinking he,s hit the floor as hard as we would in gravity terms .....ouch we would of broken something badly for sure if it was us ........just a thought

thanks guys for all your concerns

Mike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #6

Mike, hope Tiggy is ok, he's certainly used up 2 of his 9 lives

Catsey Junior

shimmy is Male
22-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #7

hehe that exactly what i said to my friend