Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-11-2023, 12:37 PM   #1

Wednesday daily.

Good morning ladies,
11:30pm here Wednesday evening and I'm all alone with the cats. Janna was meant to have the day off, but the boss rang her and asked her to come in at 5:30pm tonight and work until 2am tomorrow morning. Evidently there's a librarians convention on tonight, but i really don't know what a bunch of librarians would be doing until 2am. The mind boggles !!! She rang me just before on one of her breaks to tell me she's been asked to work tomorrow now as well from 3pm, doing admin work and she's doing another late shift on Friday night, so I'm not seeing much of her this week at all.

I had a good weekend with Oren and loved seeing Pearl again. Pearl is pregnant, which I'm not very happy about, as she is over 5 years old. My husband never bred any of his female mastiffs once they were 4 years old. and although that was a long time ago, I don't think anything has changed. Pearl has never had a litter before and I just hope she'll be OK . Also her temperament doesn't make her ideal for breeding (in my opinion). And no, I do not want one of her puppies, although I was offered one.

Today is Paddy's birthday, and i sent him an email. Haven't heard anything back, but then I wasn't expecting a reply I don't know whether he's in his new house yet or not, but i have asked him for his address, as I want to send Ollie and Tilly something for xmas. I kept the tone of the email pleasant and even asked after Miranda. Gosh, I'm so nice, eh???

Brenna flew to Singapore on Monday for two weeks.. She's working over there. She hated the flight over as it was so long ,but is staying at a really nice hotel and having a great time. Poor Jared is at home with the children as usual. Those poor children hardly see their mother, but they seem to be used to it. Brenna is certainly lucky she has such an easy going husband. I guess I must be old fashioned. I'm taking Oren and Asha this weekend to give Jared a break so will have to find some activities for them both.. They don't get on that well with each other and I know Oren isn't happy that Asha's coming as well, but I'll let him know that he's still my special boy.

Has anyone seen the TV series "The Fall"? If so, is it any good? I'm thinking of buying the series, as I really like Gillian Anderson, who is the detective ,and I've fallen in love with Jamie Dornan, after watching "Fifty Shades".

PAMELA, sorry you've been feeling a bit down lately, but then of course you would be feeling like that. Birthdays are always hard to deal with, and you just have to be gentle with yourself. I hope that cloud has lifted a bit for you now, Pamela. Robyn's training is going so well. Yeah, I bet it was scary last Thursday night when you heard the water. Darkness can disorientate you and muddle your thinking. Thank goodness you didn't get wet. That's amazing. Poor Mia being scared of fireworks. So many animals are terrified. I know you'll watch over her and keep her safe. i hope your Halloween was good one. i had some kids that came round here and I had bags of lollies all prepared. I'm sorry that people complained about you decorating the tunnel though. Some people will complain about anything., like my neighbour over the back fence who hates me feeding the birds.

SHELLEY, sorry you missed out on going to Scotland, but of course it would be impossible to separate the two dogs in a van. It's just not worth the worry. it sounds as if you've been having a good time refurbing dolls though. You'll be looking forward to going to Surrey and having the stall at the Cobham fair. Is Cobham in Surrey? I'm thrilled that Reuben and your dad are happy and well.

Well ladies, I'm off now to read my book until Janna comes home. Snoddy wants me to go to bed, but I can't go into the bedroom as I'm too scared. Betsey and Miracle are curled up on the cat scratcher, don't know where Freddie is . Sophie, the cat groomer is now coming on Tuesday as I put her off this week because the weather is too cold. If it doesn't happen on Tuesday, I'm taking Freddie to the vet and let her do it. as he really is getting quite bad.

Have a really good Wednesday, Pamela and Shelley. Nearly the weekend !!!