Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-10-2023, 09:10 AM   #1

Freezing Friday.

Good morning ladies,
Well i haven't been on the forum for over a week, and I've missed you both. I haven't been doing anything special, - just kind of feeling down and i haven't bothered doing anything. My mood is slowly lifting now and I even managed to have a shower today ,the first in 3 days. !!! I'm going to go out tomorrow, just to do a bit of shopping and I've got a friend coming round tomorrow afternoon with her mastiff. I'll remember to lock the cats away.

It's nearly 8:30pm here and starting to get dark. Janna has taken the cats outside, but it's very cold and they probably won't stay out for long. We've had terrible gales here over the last few days and heavy rain today. more of the side fence has blown down and a lot of cars have been blown over. Sophie, the cat groomer was meant to come yesterday, but she couldn't drive in as everyone was asked to stay off the roads. Hopefully she'll come next Thursday, if the weather has settled by then. If not, I'm going to get the vet to do it,as Freddie's knots are getting quite bad and I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

Snoddy is acting really weird again, just like he did last year. He seems to be sleeping all the time and when he's awake, he's walking funny at times, almost as if he's on the verge of another seizure. He seems to improve in the evenings and he eats well. Michele can find nothing wrong with him and nothing is showing up on his blood tests. He still sleeps with me every night. In fact, he's kinda cute the way he waits at the top of the hallway for me to go into the bedroom, then comes running in to follow me, and jumps on my bed before I can get in. I think he likes to know that I'm safe. !!!

Janna isn't working until Monday evening, so she may go shopping with me tomorrow morning. She'll probably go out tomorrow afternoon though as she's really frightened of Pearl, and the dog picks up on that and keeps growling at her every time she moves. Poor Janna. We had chicken kebabs and salad for tea tonight. i was going to stew some pears and have them with yoghurt, but just couldn't be bothered. Perhaps tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to watching Prodical Son on TV tonight. It's on really late, but that's OK. I might wrap up a few xmas presents while I'm waiting. There's no point going to bed too early anyway as I just lie there and don't sleep. I've got Oren coming round tomorrow early, so I'm looking forward to doing something with him on Sunday. Tomorrow, he's happy to play with Pearl.

PAMELA, I hope you are well and coping with all the flooding I hear Scotland has been getting. Have you been affected at all? I so hope not. I suppose your weather has cleared a bit for you now, at least I hope so. I hope Mia and Robyn are continuing to do well with the man trailing, although i guess you probably haven't been able to get out much lately, if you've been having such heavy rain. How is your dad getting on? Is he going away anywhere before xmas? I bet he'd like to.

SHELLEY, I hope your weather hasn't been too bad and work is going well for you. You'll be getting used to your new premises by now. I hope Kwame and Malaika are getting through the winter OK and keeping nice and warm. Have you got any doll fairs this weekend? I do hope your dad and Reuben are continuing to do well. I've been thinking of Reuben a lot lately, and praying that he's OK.

Well ladies, I'm off now to do some wrapping up. and maybe watch a DVD until midnight ,when Prodical Son comes on.

Have a really great Friday, Pamela and Shelley, and a really good weekend. hope the weather is fine for you both..

PS. Sorry about the lack of capital letters in places. I can't go back and change them as my computer will wipe the whole post.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-10-2023, 07:04 PM   #2

Re: Freezing Friday.

Good evening Dinky, i am the same as you and havent been about much recently.

Glad you are starting to feel better. Its horrible when you feel low. I have had that a couple of times this month as mums birthday was a week ago. How are the cats doing? I do hope you manage to get Freddies knots out. You will be enjoying having Janna at home for the next few evenings. How nice to get to see Pearl and spend time with her. Must be soo nice to see Oren play with her as well. I hope Snoddy is ok as well. Sending gentle chin tickles his way.

Its 7pm here and cold!! Steven is at his friends house so i will pick him up later. I am at Robyns training class tomorrow morning. She is doing well and can see differences with her. She is certainly alot more clingy with me since we started them. She has been trailing Tuesday night, last night and also on Sunday coming. She had an off night last night but still found her person but took the long way round but that was partly my fault as it was soo dark and i could hear water and it spooked me as i didnt know where it was and was worried Robyn would end up in a deep bit or caught near it, the path was close to the water but it wasnt the way i had in my head! Mia was out last week and did great but i cant take her at night now because of the fireworks. If they go off if she is the car and im not there then she will panic as she is soo scared!!

Shelley, how are you? Hope all is good with you and the family and of course your dad and rueben!

Have lovely evening ladies.

Dinky good to see you back