Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #1

Camera help needed!!!

Of all days, my camera has gone kaput! It's a Nikon Coolpix L 2, and I keep getting an "Out of Memory" notice on the screen and can't take pics!

As I very seldom take more than 4 - 5 pics at a time, I've never gotten a memory card; this has worked beautifully in the past using the built-in internal memory, as I immediately delete any unacceptable pics in the viewing section, and then delete all when I upload them to iPhoto.

I've posted on a Nikon users help forum, but seeing that it"s Christmas Day doubt of there will be any responses...

Hope some of you will have a suggestion...I missed some really funny shots of Leia with her new catnip toy...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
25-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #2

Re: Camera help needed!!!

Aww that's a real shame DM

Catsey Veteran

25-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #3

I wonder if getting a memory card would help...??? But the internal memory has been fine until now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I wonder if getting a memory card would help...??? But the internal memory has been fine until now...
You can get all size of memory cards DM, I have one, much prefer it to the enternal memory...Somehow you internal memory is full...can you delete them all??

Catsey Veteran

25-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #5

I always delete any unacceptable photos in the viewfinder thing, and after I've uploaded the remaining ones to the computer use the Delete All Option, so there should be nothing in the memory. The odd thing is, that there are 2 pics in the viewfinder, but when I try to upload them to iPhoto it says No Pictures...life gets complicated sometimes...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #6

on my old camera it used to do this too, even though I had deleted the photos I didn't want. If I remember correctly, there was a bit in mine where you could clear all memory (almost like a reset function) but make sure you have put the photos you want to keep onto the pc or they will be deleted too.