Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
26-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #1

Hello again - popped over from dogsey Spiro and Willow RIP

Hello Catsey folk

Not sure if you remember me. I introduced myself (from dogsey) a wee while ago. Here's the gang if you don't remember.

Chippy

Bramble

Murphy (big boy)

Paddy

Anyway, the reason i've popped back over is because i've found a couple of pictures that I'd like to share. Chippy, Murphy, Paddy and Bramble have been our 'gang' since they were kittens. We've been so lucky to have them and they are fab together even with the dogs.

It's not been all smiles though. Since the original 4 we have had 2 other cats that haven't had such happy lives.

We had Spiro from cat rescue. He was enormous. A big brute of a boy. He really didn't like his new life with us and would often go awol for days on end. One day I found him lame and crying. I spent a couple of nights with the big fella and he seemed to be ok as long as he stayed still. I had no idea what was wrong but he was obviously in pain. Eventually I took him to the vet to get him checked and they found he was full of a calcium build up. They operated on him but were shocked to find him full of this build up. They removed (I said he was big) a tennis ball sized amount of build up from him. They phoned me that night to explain the severity of his condition and kept him over night on a drip. I'd only known him a wee while but I was still pretty cut up when I called the next morning to hear that despite climbing a mountain he'd eventually let go and given up his fight during the night. I collected him the next day and I buried him in the garden wrapped in his woolly Arran jumper which he lay on tucked away when he needed his (now obvious) peace and quiet. I now know he was so 'grumpy' because he had been in a lot of discomfort since the day we had him and he just wanted his own bit of peace. A real nice big boy but he had no chance.

Just before Spriro was Willow. She was a real lady. Long black hair, shy, timid, grumpy if i'm honest but a real queen. She hated the dogs and was a real loner. She wasn't that keen on the other cats either. Anyway, she was a real lap cat and a right princess. We decided to set her free and gave her to my wife's sister who was looking for a cat. She soon became very spoiled. Salmon for tea. lots of toys, nothing but the best. I was so happy that we'd set our Willow free. She had a great a life but a few years later my wife's sister moved house and Willow got caught out on the new 'busy' road.

One day she was found 'just alive' on the doorstep. Her eyes had actually popped out of her head and she was very badly squashed. Somehow she had crawled back 'home' She was taken straight away to the vet but there was no hope. She was put to sleep straight away and I felt for my sister -in-law when she had to explain what had happened to 'our Willow'. Despite our sadness over what had happened to our 'princess' I know between us we gave her a fantastic time with my sister-in-law being pampered safe from our gang of 4 who....

.....and i'm sure it's their curse (not to ever have another cat join the gang) still rule the roost.

Anyway here they are.... Spiro (Black and white) and Willow (long haired black).

Phil

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2007, 03:02 AM   #2

Re: Hello again - popped over from dogsey Spiro and Willow RIP

Sad story, Dinners.Run free, little ones. I do remember your cats, epecially the gorgeous Bramble; have a thing for torties! Nice to see you back here, come more often!

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
26-02-2007, 03:09 AM   #3

Bramble.

She is a little cracker. Inside the house quite timid. Outside (on her terms) she's a little star. A real wild girl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #4

Aww, I think your cats are gorgeous. Such sad stories Spiro and Willow had, but at least they ended up with lots of love.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #5

Great to see you back here! Do drop in more often Gorgeous piccies...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
26-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #6

RIP little ones x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #7

Hi Phil, good to see you back here It was sad to read about Spiro and Willow but good to know they had a loving home.

Your photos are excellent .......obviously helped by such wonderful subjects!!

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
27-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #8

They are certainly easier than my dogs to photograph. I must pop back more often.

Phil

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
27-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #9

Run free at the Bridge Spiro & Willow XX

Fondly Remembered

Phil is Male
28-02-2007, 01:24 AM   #10

My daughter who is was just a baby when we had Spiro and Willow read this earlier tonight (she's only 6) and was quite sad.

Bless